GO!

coenzyme q10 dosage

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Norbert

A mutt is the- stuff of dogness

Barked: Thu Feb 24, '11 4:01pm PST 
Does anyone know how to dose this with dogs I want to use it primarily as a preventative with my guys and I know it should be combined with brewers yeast. Id rather by it at a the vitamin shop then order a dog specific one if I can figure out the dosage
[notify]
Maggie

Wishing For Snow

Barked: Thu Feb 24, '11 4:23pm PST 
I give my dogs coenzyme Q10 as a preventative supplement. I use it mainly for it's high antioxidant qualities in addition to a couple other antioxidants.
The standard dosage for dogs is 30 mg for each 20 lbs body weight twice daily, most dogs should receive 100-300 mg as a daily dose. I dose my dogs every other day as they do get CoQ10 in their diet in the form of fish oils and sardines.
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Thu Feb 24, '11 4:34pm PST 
Hi! I have 2 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, one young and one old. They both get 30-50mg m,w,f. I use this because Cavs are known to have heart issues and dental issues. The young one has a heart murmur and the old one has an enlarged heart. They both tend to have dental issues (I brush their teeth and use dental products). I think the COQ10 helps them, as well. Oh, they both weigh around 18-20lbs.
[notify]