GO!

D-mannose

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sat Feb 5, '11 7:24pm PST 
Does anyone know how much D-mannose to give a 54-lb. dog?

I asked her vet and got that "deer in the headlights" look and told to follow the bottle directions. But the bottle is for humans.

I've looked at every website I can find and seen anywhere from 300 mg. - 1,000 mg. daily.

We are going to start with 1/8 teaspoon (275 mg.) to see how Chance does.
[notify]
Jax (earned- her wings- 5/30/12)

Give me your- toy.

Barked: Sat Feb 5, '11 7:44pm PST 
I found this on the internet for you. Hope it helps.
Entirely Pets-1-800-889-8967

Cranberry D-Mannose Urinary Tract Support tablets by Pet Health Solutions, are natural dietary supplements containing ingredients known to be beneficial for the animal's urinary tract. Cranberry D-Mannose helps support and maintain the healthy function of the urinary tract. For use in dogs and cats.

Dosage:
The following dosage is recommended for the daily administration of Cranberry D-Mannose Chewable Tablets. Consult with your veterinarian to determine the proper dosage and schedule for each individual animal prescribed this product.

Dogs less than 20 pounds..... 1/2 tablet daily
Dogs 21 to 40 pounds..... 1 tablet daily
Dogs 41 to 80 pounds..... 2 tablet daily
Dogs over 80 pounds..... 3 tablet daily

Administration:
Cranberry D-Mannose Chewable Tablets are formulated with proprietary, highly palatable chicken liver flavor to ensure all dogs and cats will readily consume the tablet. Administer orally to the pet as a treat, or crumble over pet's food at mealtime at the prescribed dose. If crumbled over food, consumption should be monitored to ensure the full dosage is consumed.

Active Ingredients (per tablet)
Cranberry Extract (from Vaccinium macrocarpon) ... 100 mg
D-Mannose ................................ 150 mg
Vitamin C ................................ 35 mg
[notify]