GO!

Vectra 3D Ingredients?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sal

Wiggles

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 7:58pm PST 
Hello,

I have two six month old Olde English Bulldogge puppies and my new vet gave us Vectra 3D to use for flea and tick prevention. We have used it for three months but tonight I spilled a few drops on my new dining room table and in less that two minutes it ate right through the top coat finish, leaving small round holes in the finish. I don't know if I'm more mad about my table or the fact that I'm putting something so toxic on my puppies. Well, I guess if I'm here I'm very worried about my puppies.... Any thoughts? I used Frontline for years on my dog that passed away last year but I can't remember if I ever got it on any furniture.
[notify]
Adam

Vaccine free- -Disease free- goes pawinpaw

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:09pm PST 
you can look up ingredients in any product including vectra 3d here:
http://www.simplesteps.org/greenpaws-products

I use essential oils to repel insects and check daily frown
unfortunately there's no safe way, either using or not using chemicals, it's just choosing the lesser evil.

I'd use frontline over vectra 3D.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:24pm PST 
Vectra 3D is a seriously harsh chemical. Up until recently I had been using it on Mulder with no ill effect- HOWEVER, reading the warning label on the back is like reading a disclaimer for nuclear waste.

There is no totally, 100% "safe" topical flea treatment. They are all pesticides, and all hard on the dog's body. It is, as was stated, a choice between the lesser of two evils. Mulder is very allergic to fleas, and NEEDS some kind of treatment to keep him from being a miserable, icing mess... but I believe next season I will be switching to Advantage. Its safer, if for no other reason that it doesn't drop cats dead on contact, as the 3D apparently does shock
[notify]

Aster

Let's go for a- swim

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:52pm PST 
Try rubbing some beef fat on the finish of something you don't care about.
[notify]
Lincoln and Ruby

For Us?

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:55pm PST 
Aster I literally just dropped a huge hunk of beef fat on my wood table today. It sat there for 10 minutes before I noticed. Nothing. However, last year when I was using chemicals I dropped some Frontline on that same table and it ate threw my $200 able I have had for years. I wasnt to happy.

I use an all natural flea drop I order in from Jeffers Pet.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:56pm PST 
Hmmm, never read any warnings on the back of a beef fat label that it shouldn't be handled by pregnant or nursing women, or that poison control should immediately be contacted if ingested.

Or that it shouldn't come into contact with cats, else it will drop them dead like the fleas it sets out to kill.
[notify]
Lincoln and Ruby

For Us?

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 8:59pm PST 
""else it will drop them dead like the fleas it sets out to kill.""

laugh out loud So true. I have to be VERY careful what I use on my dogs because of my cat. Not very many people think about this when they get flea meds for their dog. Should I be contacting poison control because I kinda ate some fat from the beef I was to lazy to cut it from tonight at dinner silenced. Am I going to die? How long do I have to live?...actually..it will just stick to my thighs. Hardly a harsh concern.
[notify]
Quinn

Barked: Fri Jan 14, '11 6:30am PST 
Vectra is a nasty product. Don't know why any vet would sell it.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Fri Jan 14, '11 12:23pm PST 
Aster, what does that have to do with anything...

Beef is a natural product.. All it would do to a finish, is make it oily.. I should know, I left Chloe's dinner on the table and it unthawed and went all over the table..
[notify]
Aster

Let's go for a- swim

Barked: Fri Jan 14, '11 12:58pm PST 
Fats will destroy some finishes. Natural has nothing to do with safe.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2