GO!

Is shedding in December normal?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 8:45am PST 
Nala recently started shedding in the past few days. We are in Jersey so it's been 30s-40s the past week or so. I always thought they only shed in the spring. Just checking to see if this is normal!
[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 8:47am PST 
Some years Sassy shed twice. In the spring she lost her undercoat and in the fall she lost the guard hairs. It is normal. Some years she just didn't stop shedding so it seemed like one shed!
[notify]
My Lucky8

big packs rule!

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 9:39am PST 
Ace, Dutchess, Roxy, and Sierra are shedding right now too.
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 9:42am PST 
Lots of dogs "blow coat" 2x's a year. As long as she's not going bald I wouldn't worry..... wink
[notify]
Aster

Let's go for a- swim

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 9:47am PST 
We had a warm fall here. Perhaps it delayed the fall shed most dogs do. You haven't made any changes in diet have you?
[notify]
Allee, Bama,- and Brodie- Bear!

Roll Tide- Roll!!! ;)

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 9:54am PST 
According to the vet, yes it is.
[notify]
Nala

Queen of the- Couch

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 10:03am PST 
Thanks everyone. Yes we had a pretty warm fall, the weather just suddenly went from 60s to 30s and 40s. I am changing her diet but transitioning to a higher quality food (TOTW) and she has had no problems on it so far so I'm assuming it's not that.
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 10:10am PST 
Unfortunately, my dogs shed every month of the year!laugh out loud
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 10:22am PST 
This fall was unseasonably warm, and at least where I was, we had a week and a half of 70 degree temepratures in November, right after it started getting REALLY cold. I think that messed up a lot of shedding patterns smile.

After Samson's bath two days ago, and brushing him out yesterday, I am pretty sure he shed out about three times as much fur as what is actually on him! And he's STILL got a thick winter coat on him!
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sun Dec 5, '10 11:27am PST 
Agreed Samson. Tanuk has been blowing his coat for a month now, driving me batty! We use the Furminator or coat rake every day and my floors are still covered in fur. Gave him a bath and our driveway was covered in undercoat! He's been blowing way more than usual.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2