GO!

Our Dachshund's Back Surgery and Recovery

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Taffy

If it's on the- floor..it's mine

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 2:50pm PST 
Wow, thanks for your story. I've just been through this (and still am) which I was writing about under 'ruptured discs, what's the future?' thread, which is still active.
It's been one heck of a painful journey, and I do totally understand what you've been, and still are, going through. So pleased to hear things are looking better for you!! Sending healing thoughts!!
[notify]

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 10:41pm PST 
My spike is going thru right now he had his surgery almost two weeks now, he's still not walking but I do 15 mins of therapy every day. He's at the point where he stands but he doesn't take steps. And when he's laying down he stretches his legs. Is like he's afraid or hurt to put weight on it. What else should I do?
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Sat Jan 5, '13 1:05pm PST 
Can I suggest you start a new thread since this one is from 2010?

Maybe include his background. Was he completely paralyzed? How long? The surgery info....I had back surgery too and we are all different. Also, what did your dr say about recovery and therapy? thanks way to go
[notify]

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 7:16pm PST 
Having a dachshund I fully understand what concerns us all when your dog has spinal surgery. My dog went through 4 hours of surgery and my son and I had major concerns. Well he made it fine and we are relieved to say the least, but he does walk like he had a few to many at this point and is improving every day. Its been two weeks and I carefully walk him outside two relieve himself. So far so good. Oh, did I tell you the doctor has recommended another neck surgery two ensure another back problem won't occur. Another two thousand bucks. Oh well, we love our dog.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2