GO!

Bald spot?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Wed Apr 14, '10 3:33pm PST 
We noticed a small bald spot on Charlie a week ago. It's located near his hind quarters, almost near where his leg meets his hip. The area was the same color as his skin, with some tiny brown dots. Now, the bald spot seems to have spread just a tiny bit, the dots are still there, and it still isn't at all inflamed or flaky. He doesn't itch more than normal, and he's current on frontline.. it just worries me that it hasn't filled in yet.

Any idea on this?
[notify]
Sargent

Barked: Thu Apr 15, '10 9:30pm PST 
Usually thyroid or mange. I fostered a dog from the humane society and he had a bald spot, it was mange, I'm trying to remember correctly, it might have been a certain type like red mange which I think is different than other mange (I could be totally mistaken about this, it was years ago). I also had another dog that would get bald spots sometimes and it was due to thyroid. Some other symptoms of that could be red eyes and dry skin.
[notify]