GO!

How do I stop my dog scratching his wound?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Trevor CGC

always happy

Barked: Fri Feb 19, '10 9:44am PST 
Trevor was attacked by a dog at the dog park on Wed. He had emergency surgery on that night to put a drain under the skin (see pix on his profile page). He would not stop licking the wound so I put an e collar on him. Well, just minute ago I caught him scratching the wound by his rear leg. I've put a sock on his foot. Is there anything else I can do?
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Fri Feb 19, '10 10:25am PST 
First, I just want to say I'm sorry that happened to Trevor...I think the sock may be a good idea, but can he get it off. I know some people put a rubber band around it. Do not do that....if it were to cut off his circulation, that would be bad news.

I think if you can just keep an eye on him...hopefully with the e-collar and sock, he won't do much. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon ! hug
[notify]