GO!

help - dog won't stop dry heaving and vet not open yet

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dodger

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 7:51am PST 
Dodger has been trying to throw up all night. started in the middle of the night, every hour or so, now sort of constant. he's obviously trying to get something out, but will not drink water. any advice on how i can help him? he does keep trying to eat/chew things... thanks.
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 7:58am PST 
Don't try to get him to eat or drink, the best thing is just try to keep him calm and take him to the vet as soon as they open or go to an emergency vet.
[notify]
Bella

I Love to give- kisses and- snuggle!

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 10:49am PST 
Boy I agree. Go to the Vet as soon as possible! Hope everything goes ok. Good Luck. Let us know what he finds. Could he have something stuck in his throat? Or maybe, I don't know with nothing coming up. Did he have anything coming up before? Poor baby. Keep us posted. hug
[notify]

Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 8:54pm PST 
Is he doing any better?
[notify]
Dodger

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 9:23pm PST 
wow. long day. I took him and they diagnosed it as kennel cough, but he could not keep the anti-biotics down or any food for that matter because he kept throwing it up. So they had me take him back in for x-rays and its still in question exactly what could be wrong. they found early stages of pneumonia in his lungs and a possible partial blockage in his tummy. He is holding down food and meds now, so we'll see. I'm just glad he stopped coughing! thanks!

On another note, i am really feeling like i should have bought pet insurance. whoops.
[notify]
Jessica CGC

Will work for- food

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 9:30pm PST 
poor thinghug what is the blockage from? is he in the hospital overnight?
[notify]
Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae

Barked: Tue Jan 19, '10 9:31pm PST 
Sorry to hear that your dog is so sick, We will be keeping him and you in our thoughts and prayers.
[notify]
Bella

I Love to give- kisses and- snuggle!

Barked: Wed Jan 20, '10 10:34am PST 
Oh my, I hope they can figure out what all is wrong. So sorry your puppy is sick. I'll be thinking of you. Hoping for a speedy recovery. hug hug
[notify]
Max

I'm Back!

Barked: Wed Jan 20, '10 10:39am PST 
Oh my! That really is a lot for him to deal with. I sure wish you the best! Kennel cough, pneumonia, and a blockage!?! Poor thing! You are in our thoughts and we wish you all the luck in the world. Do they know what the blockage is from? I don't know how any dog could be so unlucky as to have such an ordeal! That poor baby. Well, he's got a good mom/dad and you are doing everything you can. I just hope everything goes well and there is nothing else wrong and no complications. I bet you are wishing you bought pet insurance now. If you only have one dog it is very affordable and worth it. I wish I could afford it, but I think I've been pretty lucky with my babies so far. Anyway, you are in our thoughts and Max, Jasper and Sweetie are saying puppy prayers for you! hugwisheshug
[notify]
Nakita Mae- Angel Girl

Live to dock- dive!

Barked: Wed Jan 20, '10 12:59pm PST 
Boy, big difference in care for a "partial blockage" and kennel cough or pneumonia. Did your vet do xrays and if so, did they do a barium series and/or an abdominal ultrasound to see if there is an obstruction? You don't want to mess around with an obstruction, even a partial one. If he cannot even keep down water or meds I would be very concerned. We see obstructions quite a bit, we just removed a small corn cob from a neuf last night (the neighbors threw an ear of corn over the fence before the owner could get it out of the dogs mouth) We found it with an xray.
Maybe a second opinion???
Best wishes, poor little guy.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2