|Barked: Mon Jan 11, '10 12:28am PST |
|Zoey passed away New Year's day. She would have been 20-years-old in March. She was a very healthy dog and passed away due to old age. I can't promise anything, but these are the things I did for Zoey.
1. Give Glucosamine HCI and L-Ergothioneine.
2. Use natural flea and tick products, such as diatomaceous earth, brewer's yeast, and flea combs.
3. When making dog biscuits, use organic rye flour, instead of bleached white flour.
4. Supplement your dog's diet with natural calcium from seaweed vegetative origin, IP-6 and Inositol, and Resveratrol.
5. Rotate your dog's diet with grain-free food, the main ingredients being chicken meal, salmon meal, and lamb meal.
6. Use boiled chicken liver as treats.
7. Give fresh boiled salmon with your dog's regular kibble at least once a week.
8. Give Ascorbic Acid, a Glucosamine Complex, and USDA approved Bovine Bonemeal.
9. Every now and then add some boiled turkey to your dog's regular diet.
10. Give Black atractylodes rhizome to prevent and control allergies.
I can't promise anything, but these are the things I did and Zoey lived to be almost 20 years old. I don't know what breed she was. Her mother was a mutt that belonged to neighbor of mine, father unknown. Just trying to help!