GO!

Rash inside the thigh?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Fri Jan 8, '10 12:07pm PST 
I posted about this on another (weim specific) forum and couple people said that theyre dogs get it during winter, but theyre not sure why. I thought it was due to his coat rubbing(it had a chest extension), but it simply doesent reach that far. Could it be due to cold?
Rash PIc
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Fri Jan 8, '10 12:29pm PST 
Could possibly be the start of a staph infection. The 4th pup I raised got this. It started in his armpits but spread down to his thigh. Pretty easy to treat, just antibiotics and some antibacterial shampoo to treat the area. That's the only thing I can think of, unless it is just from the weather.
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 8:07pm PST 
it turned out to be some sort of windburn since weims dont have any belly hair, the skin gets chapped in the winter. Anyways, I put some bag balm and it dissapeared after 2 days!dancing
[notify]

Stinky

*insert fart- noise*

Barked: Tue Jan 12, '10 11:44pm PST 
Glad you got it under control. Stinky has those rashes pretty much 24/7 because of his Demodex confused
[notify]