GO!

Pedialyte dosage?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Bella

My mommy <3's- me!!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 30, '09 3:47pm PST 
I have looked everywhere online for this. I was going to give pedialyte to my 15 pound dachshund for diarrhea issues and cannot seem to find it anywhere. I lot of people on dogster have suggested this as a good remedy but I have not seen any dose information.
[notify]
Hudson

he's one in a- million!!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 30, '09 7:19pm PST 
yes pedialyte is good & safe. hudson used it for the first time this summer a few times. i had the same problem trying to find dosage so i asked the pharmacist & was advised that there is no real dose that is harmful. good luck & i hope you feel better hughughug
[notify]
Bella

My mommy <3's- me!!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 30, '09 8:34pm PST 
Thanks! After much exploration I found a pretty suitable dosage. It said to mix 1/4 cup in with water for a 20 pound dog. I did a little less since mine is about 15. I feel so bad because I think she has this diarrhea problem so often because we live in Florida and its still like 95 degrees here and she's a black dog so she gets really hot and tired out on her walks. On top of it, I don't think she drinks enough water so I think I am going to try this pedialyte on a regular basis. Thanks for the help!
[notify]

✝ Angel- Tosha ✝

Barked: Wed Sep 30, '09 8:41pm PST 
Wouldn't it be better to find out the cause of her diarriea problems. Just my opinion.wave
[notify]
Bella

My mommy <3's- me!!!!

Barked: Thu Oct 1, '09 9:44am PST 
Well that would be wonderful but we have already taken her to the e-vet on Labor day which cost us a fortune and as with everyone, money is an issue and my care credit is darn near maxed out. All they said was that she was dehydrated (understandable in hot Florida weather with a dog that doesnt drink much water) and they gave her shots, meds, and a gastro-intestinal food to mix in with her regular food. That was about three weeks ago. I tried to do everything they said... not feeding her for 24 hours and mixing in pedialyte with water. I called the vet today and they said to put her on a bland diet which I will be doing tonight and if it persists then we may need to switch her food yet again.
[notify]