GO!

What are your dogs allergic too?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Cotton

You know you- want to pet me

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 1:25pm PST 
Only Pheobie and Cotton have allergies actually. Pheobie is allergic to ants and Cotton is allergic to the sun. No joke, look it up. Anyway,
What are yours guy's dogs allergic too? If they have allergies
[notify]
Buddy and Sadie

We are Brother- and Sister!

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 1:38pm PST 
Hi Cotton! wave Your name is cute!

How did you find out about ant allergies? The sun? We think we are allergic to grains.

Edited by author Mon Aug 24, '09 1:39pm PST

[notify]
Moira

Is that for me??

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 1:48pm PST 
Nothing, but I think they think they are allergic to getting wet. Only Lily and Moira would stand at the edge of a 2,000 acre lake and pant for a drink. Can you tell we just came back from a walk?
[notify]

Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 1:57pm PST 
I think im allergic to grass & outdoor stuff not fun im chewing my paws raw scratching myself silly. All mommy does is tell me no & dont touch ,vet told her to put baby Avenno cream on to sooth the itch & benadryll to help me not be so itchy! they say August is the worst month for allergies for us pups its crazy
[notify]
Cotton

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 1:58pm PST 
wave Buddy and Sadie.

I was getting horrible skin rashes and they took me to the vet and it turns out it was the sun. So I have to wear a little protective pad around my back when the sun comes out.
Pheobie was out on a walk and she got bit by an ant. He foot swelled a little and she went limp and started puking everywhere. They got her to the vet and he said the ant caused the reaction. It's a really downer because towards the gardens is were a lot of ants are, so Pheobie is constantly checked when she is herding rabbits over there.
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 4:00pm PST 
Daddy has allergies during the summer and winter months, along with flea allergies; his flea allergies are so bad that the natural approach to flea preventatives/killers hasn't worked at all for him, so his Frontline Plus he gets in the summer and when the fleas are bad was a life saver. He personally thinks he's allergic to baths as well.

Edited by author Mon Aug 24, '09 4:01pm PST

[notify]
Sassy

Princess and the- Pea

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 4:00pm PST 
Fleas.
[notify]
Buddy and Sadie

We are Brother- and Sister!

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 4:37pm PST 
Wow Cotton! Are they fire ants? We have lots of those here in CO and lots of flying ants, too! They sure like to bite Mom, too! We are glad that both of you know your allergies!

Jayde, we wish something else could help you!!! We bet you'll get some great remedy ideas from our fellow Dogsters!

Allergies are NO fun!

dog
[notify]
Cotton

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 4:42pm PST 
Yeah, they are fire ants.
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Mon Aug 24, '09 4:42pm PST 
Harley is allergic to: turkey, chicken, lamb, rice, oats, wheat, brewers yeast, soy, green pea, and 19 environmental allergies including pecan, maple, 3 kinds of grass, several kind of weeds, and flies. I would have to dig up the report from the test to name them all. I know the ones we have around here and what I have to read labels for.

Despite this, he is very healthy and is also my service dog. This is because we had him tested and watch and prevent!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6