GO!

swollen testicles

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cobi

Professional- Panty thief

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 2:32pm PST 
This is pretty weird and embarassing to post, but thought would ask for advice. I did call the vets office saturday, but they were full so we are calling and going in tomorrow. I was curious if anyone has had anythign like this happen before and might know what is going on.

We went out for a bit friday night and Cobi stays in a crate. WHen we came home I went to take him outside and he screeched and squirmed in pain and everytime I went to pick him up he cried. Eventually we got outside and everything and when we got back in he acted fine. Later that night at like 3 he woke me up crying and spazzing out. When I let him back out his cage he would run and hide under things.

We started checking out his legs ect to see if he had hurt himself, but it seems to be his balls. They are swollen and hard..well one is the other seems alright. He can't seem to get comfortable anywhere he sits and he is a pretty active dog, but is very down and just laying around. I've never had a male dog and never heard of anything like this exactly. Any ideas?red face
[notify]
Zoey

cutest cuddlebug

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 2:53pm PST 
I have no idea what could be wrong, but I hope he gets back to his normal self soon! Feel better buddy!
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 6:03pm PST 
Daddy is my first male dog, but I've dog-sat for male puppies and adults (altered and un), and a lot of the people I grew up around as a kid had male dogs, and you're right in being concerned, it sounds as if he may somehow have hurt himself; are there any lumps (testicular cancers are outrageously rare in dogs but can happen, though being as young as he is and not a breed particularly prone to cancer I doubt that's it) I've never known a dog that hurt their testicles but if one is swollen that's what it sounds like to me. Good luck at the vet and hope he's feeling better soon.
[notify]

Cobi

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 9:20pm PST 
I couldn't really feel any lumps from what he would let me touch. Just one side is really swollen and tight. I hope the vet can do something that will help him a bit he has been so uncomfortable all weekend.
[notify]
Becky RNCL

My Hat is Two- Sharks

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 9:30pm PST 
Could he have been stung by a bee or bitten by something? Poor guy, that's a LOUSY place to be stung...
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 9:33pm PST 
I didn't think about a bee sting, that's definitely a possibility, poor little guy. It's good to hear there are no lumps though, hopefully your vet can give him something for the pain and swelling.
[notify]
Cobi

Barked: Sun Aug 9, '09 11:11pm PST 
see that's the weird thing. He was fine before we left friday night, and I didn't even take him out to pee right before we left. ( I had taken him out about 30 mins before) then he was in the crate maybe two hours before we got home. I have no idea waht he could have done since the only thing I have in there for him is a pillow. I have no clue about any of it other than it just hurts him. @.@ Thanks guys I hope he can clear it up tomorrow. He just isn't his perky self and he looks so sad
[notify]
Ch. Luke, in memory.

Luke--- the dog talking

Barked: Mon Aug 10, '09 4:44am PST 
I have seen a dog with a torsioned testicle and it sounds just like what you are describing. This dog had to be neutered since the trapped testicle had "died" from lack of blood supply. Good luck!!!!
[notify]
Cobi

Barked: Mon Aug 10, '09 7:17am PST 
I just looked that up and wow that does sound like it. You know we have been doing google searches and everything and that didn't come up. That sounds awful & the vet said they can't get him in till thursday. Poor Cobifrown
[notify]
Tallulah

I pretty much- will rule the- universe.

Barked: Mon Aug 10, '09 4:49pm PST 
If your vet wont see you in an emergency, you need to find a new vet. call around and get him in tomorrow, poor baby.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2