GO!

gunky eye all of a sudden?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Lila Rae

I'm pretty sure- I'm a doberman..

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 3:35pm PST 
Lila Rae has been having some gunky greenish discharge coming from her eyes. She has it when she wakes up. It's been going on for the last two days. I've been wiping the eyes. They are clear and bright.

What's the deal? Should I contact the vet?
[notify]
Lila Rae

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 3:43pm PST 
could this be in any relation to the pine sap?
This started happening after this incident.
[notify]
Lila Rae

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 4:03pm PST 
OH! and she was outside all day for the 4th. so i'm thinking (and HOPING) allergies.. and not an infection.

Opinions?

thank you!!wave
[notify]

Penelope our- sweet Angel

can i eat that?

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 4:25pm PST 
Three days after we brought Penni home we woke up in the morning and she had a lot of discharge in one eye I took her to the closest vet that morning (just to happen to be Christmas eve) that vet (not our normal vet) said that she had scratched her eye probly with a toe nail she put some liquid in her eye and was actually able to show me the scratch under a black light. We had two options one was surgery which was out of the question for us because I wasn't about to put my brand new 8 week old bully threw that or eye drops for 2 weeks, the eye drops worked great and in two weeks she was fine. : )
[notify]
Lila Rae

Barked: Mon Jul 6, '09 4:49pm PST 
thanks penelope!
I just contacted the vet and he said to try benedryl first to see if it is allergies! She has a history with skin issues and stuff so that's what I'm thinking.

Who knows. Poor girl always has something.
[notify]
Lila Rae

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 6:30am PST 
off to the vet we go!
[notify]
Storm

I rule the pack

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 8:38am PST 
Good luck at the vet! It could just be conjunctivitis, my dog has had that before. The vet gave us eyes drops to clear it up and said that dogs can get it from dog parks/areas frequented by dogs easily if its in the environment. Hopefully whatever it is, it's an easy fix for you!

Nina
www.rascodog.com
[notify]
Lila Rae

Barked: Tue Jul 7, '09 9:58am PST 
thank you storm! the appointment is in 3 hours.
what does conjunctivitis look like?
[notify]