GO!

Apple seeds!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 10:49pm PST 
Okay I know that apple seeds and the core are toxic to dogs but how much is dangrous???? Barkley got into my tash and ate the whole core with all the seeds of one apple.frown Should I make him throw up???

I'm really nervous right now and if I have to he will be going to the vet in the morning.
[notify]
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 10:59pm PST 
I'd call the E-vet but I think that they are home numbers and I don't want to get someone out of bed and then learn it is nothing.......red face
[notify]
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 11:01pm PST 
I am doing research but I keep getting differnt results. That he will be fine, others say highly toxic! How much is too much??frown
[notify]

Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 11:04pm PST 
I found this

" Apple seeds, cherry pits, peach pits, pear pips, plums pits, and apricot pits contain cyanide, which is poisonous. While a few apple seeds may not cause a problem, the effects can accumulate over time if they are given to dogs regularly. Dogs should not be allowed to chew on a peach pit, cherry pit, apricot pit, or plum pit. Chewing can allow ingestion of cyanide. Chewing could also result in the pit being swallowed, causing continuous exposure to cyanide, or could cause the dog to choke."

So is he going to be okay???
[notify]
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jun 2, '09 11:25pm PST 
I also found somthing that said if the seed is not broken that it wont cause any harm, knowing Barkley he would of eating the whole thing in two bites and I feel a little bit better now.
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 1:05am PST 
I think he is safe with one apple, given his weight.
[notify]
♥ Princess ♥

One-eyed Wonder- Dog

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 6:35am PST 
How is Barkers doing this morning?? I'm sure just one apple core will be ok for him. Give him a big squeeze for me!!
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 8:16am PST 
barkley! dont scare yourmomma that way!!!

hughughug
[notify]
Moxie - my precious- angel - 1

I'll do it! Let- me!

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 8:25am PST 
How is Barkley today? I hope he is okay. hug
[notify]
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 6:08pm PST 
Sorry I took so long to get back on! Yeah he is fine didn't even faze him! Being all his barky and mischevious self and back to stealing food too!laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2