GO!

squinty eye

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Theodore aka- Teddy - **CGC**

Big Head. Big- Heart.

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 6:25am PST 
I noticed this morning that Teddy's right eye has been really squinty. He is closing it a lot more than this left eye, and it almost seems a little twitchy, like maybe he got something in it. It isn't red or anything, and I can't see any irritation. Is this something I should be concerned about?
[notify]
Miss Priss

little one

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 6:34am PST 
Well, you can get some Saline eye wash / the kind for humans - this is just all natural salt water/ saline - squirt some in the eye 2x per day for the next 24 hrs... if it is still a problem ? I guess you can call the vet.
I have other options - if the saline doesn't work / paw mail us.
Miss Priss and my MOM pet nurse Marie
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 8:40am PST 
Maybe his eyes are adjusting to waking up? Do you have any fans running in your house? Gunner's eyes get squinty when he wakes up and the fans are on. Or it could be dust or pollen in your dogs eye, or an eye infection. I'd get some saline wash and rinse his eyes on and see if he improves.
[notify]

Winnie

Kickin butt now,- takin names- later

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 9:46am PST 
I'd use the saline too. Also, I will mention that Winnie did this and she ended up having a corneal abrasion. When she sat in the bright light I could actually see a dimple on the eyeball. She ended up needing two eye meds for it.
[notify]
Meadow- (1999-2009)

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 12:47pm PST 
It's not sort of droopy and slightly set in, is it? I just got back to normal after having Horner's Syndrome in my left eye. My eye almost looked like I had a slight stroke. Sounds like your deal is something different though. Could be allergies or an infection?
[notify]