GO!

Making strange coughing / hacking sound

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Paris Chanel

I'm crazyyy like- a hippo!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 1:02pm PST 
Hi! Hopefully someone can give me some advice! My pomeranian recently started making a strange coughing / hacking sound. Some days it's only once or twice, other days like today it seems to be a lot. She's been to the vet several times, the 1st time they treated her for kennel cough [which I am almost sure she didn't have], and this last time they said it could be allergies? It seems to happen a lot at night before she goes to bed or when she's playing...I'm just really worried about her! I feel like the vet isn't taking it seriously enough..any suggestions? Has anyone had this problem? She's only 5 months old and is still eating great and full of energy..

Help?
[notify]
Natcho

I'll Kill You- With Kisses

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 1:11pm PST 
Natcho has had kennel cough. The pills didnt help at all.shrug
[notify]
Paris Chanel

I'm crazyyy like- a hippo!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 1:17pm PST 
Strange..I've been reading the posts and it seems like that's a pretty common thing...maybe if I take her back to the vet they'll give her another round? I just want her to be healthy again!
[notify]

Dodger Doodlenski

Are we gonna- learn something- new yet?

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 1:31pm PST 
Have your mom get you checked for broncitis. My mom noticed that off and on I had a strange hack/cough noise kind of like I had a hairball/furball caught in my throat and would sometimes cough up a clear flemmy type stuff that was also a bit foamy. My vet thought it was allergies at first too and then after doing x-rays found out that I have cronic broncitis. They can only confirm the diagnoses by doing x-rays though.
[notify]