GO!

POISONOUS TO DOGS -- TEA TREE OIL

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 3:12pm PST 
Zep, that's an idea, if I can skip the cotton ball. Lily would not leave it -and, unlike Sanford, she can reach all parts of her body - I think she's really a Gumby dog. Moira would eat it. The vinegar would be good for Miss Moira, but not the cotton ball.
[notify]
quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 8:25am PST 
I have used T tree for many years,on dogs and humans, but that said everyone is different, so there is always a reason to use caution when trying any new treatment.dog
[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Sat Jan 24, '09 8:37am PST 
I read in a Holistic pet care book that you have to be careful with full strength Tea Tree Oil and your pet licking it. I don't have the book here with me at work but I can post the title and the info when I get home later. I read that last night and instantly thought of this topic.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 11:12am PST 
Sadly I found this when it was too late for our dog too. My wife had put a few drops (neat) on a wound and the dog, Lexi has ended up exactly the same as the opening post.

My wife is now on the way to the EV now and no doubt that will cost a packet.cry
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 11:18am PST 
I just bought a bottle for Samoa on the recommendation of a holistic care book, can't put title here, because I left it in the car. But...we have used shampoos before...

I am not going to use it full strength...but will watch him carefully so thanks for the warning.
[notify]
Kimiko

Barkster

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 8:20am PST 
Good to know! I'm looking into some herbal remedies for my dog right now and will make sure to steer clear. Be especially careful, too. We used to have shelties. They're often very sensitive to chemicals, some even normally fine for most dogs.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jul 23, '13 4:55pm PST 
My 3 year old dog got a nasty wart on his lip 6 weeks ago. I showed it to the vet who said it would go eventually but it got bigger until it was the size of a cherry! Read up on line and it was a bit nerve wracking to see some dogs had bad reactions to the tea tree oil. So I decided to be more conservative. Got tea tree oil from Walmart for a few dollars. Put in on his wart with a q tip undiluted just once a day before a big walk so he would be distracted and less likely to lick it! It has worked really well and almost gone in less than a week..wow!
[notify]
Princesse- Lily CGN

I am RoyalChi!

Barked: Sat Oct 26, '13 8:01am PST 
I realize this is an old post, however, when I looked up "is tea tree oil safe for dog ear infections" , this came up. Princesse is currently on vet prescribed antibiotic ear drops, but I was curious if tea tree oil would have been effective as well. Glad I looked it up! It would seem full strength would have been a really bad ideashock Just to be clear, I had no intention of stopping the vet's treatment or using this in addition. It was just a curiosity thing smile

Edited by author Sat Oct 26, '13 8:02am PST

[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2