GO!

My puppy has these little red bumps on her stomach...

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Gracie

Gracie May-Born- in May

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 1:48pm PST 
My 7 month old boxer mix has these little red bumps on her lower stomach where there is no hair. They almost look like pimples. We live in Georgia and it has rained here for several days and i let her outside and she was running through the wet grass so that might be it but please let me know any other suggestions you may have as to what it is and what i can do about it. Thanks.
[notify]
Bruce

Yippie! Spring- is here :)

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 2:45pm PST 
My dog and his brother both had puppy pimples. The vet said it could be an allergic reaction to just about anything(material the blankets are made from,detergent we washed the blankets in,grass,hay,carpet,etc.)

shock

He also said some puppies just have them and soon out grow them. My mom owns Ollie ( the littermate of my dog Bruce ). She fussed over everything. Changed blankies and detergent... I changed nothing and both of them had clear tummies in a few months. I did get some of the "good" puppy wipes that are alcohol free and wiped his belly everytime he got it muddy or laid in the grass for a long time. I think it might have just made me feel better cause he didn't seem to notice.
snoopy
[notify]
Brodie Bear

The Furry- Bull-Dozer

Barked: Mon Jan 5, '09 10:40pm PST 
HEY!!!
Yeah the wipes are a good idea. Just to keep the area clean when it comes back in from the grass!
[notify]