GO!

response from Dogswell about treats made in China

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4  

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 2:44pm PST 
A few weeks ago I fed my 3 dogs the Dogswell yam chips. One threw up in 30 minutes. One threw up in an hour. The 3rd did not throw up that day but did not eat for 5 days & on the second day began vomiting bile. The skin on his chest broke out in a splotchy blood red color & he became very weak. After a costly trip to the vet he is slowly becoming better. I called Dogswell. They requested permission to talk to my vet which I gave them but since then they have not returned my call. I was initially told all about their testing (blah, blah blah blah blah). Yeah, they test. And my dog got very sick.
[notify]
Jazz

Surf's up, let's- go to the beach!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '12 3:52pm PST 
I don't give my pets anything made in China. Not treats or toys. I make my own yam chips, as well as other vegetable & fruit treats in a dehydrator which I bought for that purpose. I also make jerky in it. Buying a dehydrator has ended up saving me a lot of money on treats, but the main thing is that I know exactly what I'm giving them.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 12:18pm PST 
I would not eat or buy any food made in China.
Sometimes you don't know.
I will not buy Dogswell products anymore.
I don't believe the "Chinese people only want dark meat" excuse.
The choice to have a product made in China is solely based on MONEY.
Anybody know good brands of jerky treats made right here in the USA?
[notify]

Eduardo

Mr. Personality

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:32am PST 
Companies will never stop trying to source the cheapest materials to make their product. That is how big businesses work and thrive. I will not buy anything that is made in China. I just don’t trust the quality, especially for Eduardo!
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 34)  
1  2  3  4