|Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 8:27am PST |
|FYI, there was an outbreak of acquired Fanconi syndrome in dogs related to jerky treats made in China. A few cases were reported in the US, but >20 in Australia/New Zealand. The toxic principal was not identified, and all dogs recovered following treatment and discontinuation of eating the jerky treats. They were sold under a variety of names, and available from many large pet store chains.
We cannot 100% avoid products from China (even Apple makes their iPod components there!) but when it comes to products that are consumed (including garlic and sugar snap peas, which are often imported from China) it's best to AVOID like the PLAGUE.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|