GO!

response from Dogswell about treats made in China

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Tue Dec 30, '08 7:02am PST 
I usually save all the treats and toys that Gunner can't have and exchange them after Christmas shh
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Tue Dec 30, '08 10:44am PST 
I have mentioned several times in other threads that Dogswell we made in China. I had exactly the same response when I wrote to them several months ago. When I mentioned in a second email about Rosie acquiring Fanconi Syndrome from eating poisonous Chinese chicken jerky (she only ate Waggin Train and Dogswell) they shut up like a clam!

Quite frankly I do not believe any company's press releases and notices about how good their products are and how much they are inspected. They are made in China - that is enough for me!confusedsilenced
[notify]
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sun Nov 22, '09 8:19pm PST 
We avoid products made in China. They have super lax laws and regulations and there have been too many insane food scares- human and animal!

I also think it is important to support US businesses.

Thanks posting the info from Dogswell.
[notify]

Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Sun Nov 22, '09 9:21pm PST 
I don't buy products made in China for me or my dog. Even my vehicle is Made in the U.S.A. I don't trust their products especially for pets... blue dog
[notify]
Porter

Ya ya ..so I'm a- momma's boy!

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 7:26am PST 
DON"T BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA!!!! A friend of mine bought a layning mat fro her cat and her cat always laid on mats before, but it wouldn't touch this mat for anything. My girlfriend looked at the tag and saw that it was made in China, so she took it back boought an other one made here and then her cat sat on it and if only we were more picky our country would be in better shape.kitty
[notify]
Telly Lam

Never met a- lampost I- couldn't pee on

Barked: Mon Nov 23, '09 8:27am PST 
FYI, there was an outbreak of acquired Fanconi syndrome in dogs related to jerky treats made in China. A few cases were reported in the US, but >20 in Australia/New Zealand. The toxic principal was not identified, and all dogs recovered following treatment and discontinuation of eating the jerky treats. They were sold under a variety of names, and available from many large pet store chains.

We cannot 100% avoid products from China (even Apple makes their iPod components there!) but when it comes to products that are consumed (including garlic and sugar snap peas, which are often imported from China) it's best to AVOID like the PLAGUE.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 5:48am PST 
A wide recall just hit the news yesterday on Costco chicken jerky treats to the Blue Buffalo. I have fed the Dogswell chicken treats for a few years now and I'm not comfortable with them being made in China. I'm buying a jerky maker and making my own from now on for my dog.
[notify]
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 7:50am PST 
I also stay away from treats that only say, " distributed in USA". If they don't say made in the USA then I won't buy it.

Also I read somewhere that those chicken treats seemed to only affect little dogs. Why? I don't know but my buddy died due those chicken treats. He and his bro ate them but not their sister sweetie who was a doxie. So go figure. I won't buy anything made in china. Why take the chance. I make my own chicken treats for the pups.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 7:56am PST 
We try to avoid "made in China" as much as possible.
With everything from dog food to clothing (which clothing gets difficult!)

Maybe if more things were made and bought in North America, our economy wouldn't be such a sad state right now silenced
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 11:29am PST 
Funny how this thread gets resurrected every November. thinking
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 4: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4