GO!

Entropion (Inverted eyelashes)

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Sat Sep 13, '08 6:43am PST 
My cousin got a dog when he was 8 months old with entropion, she had the surgery not long after getting him and he's been fine but now one of his eyes has begun to keep getting really weepy like ti was before the surgery, he's almsot 4 years old now.

I was curious even after the surgery is pit possible for the eyelids to inverse again? his other eye is fine but the other one is getting rearly weepy and she's getting worried as am I because I know her situation has changed (lost her job-company went into liquidation) and I don't think she'd be able to afford to have his eye re-done.

Thanks
[notify]
Barney-R.I.P

R.I.P my gorgous- boy

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 6:15am PST 
Bump
[notify]
Kubbi *- Forever in- our Hearts*

And that's why- it's good to- be..ME!

Barked: Sun Sep 14, '08 9:27am PST 
It can happen again Barney. When I was a pup I had my eyelids tacked and that helped for years but at 10 my eyes got really bed & had the full entropion surgery. The problem is that when we are awake our eyelids can be a little tense as oposed as to when we are asleep on the dsurgery table. and vets don't want to over correct and get the Blood hound look with really droopy lids- that will predispose to conjuntivitis. So that could actually be the problem- or the surgery may need to be done again. Are the conjuntiva really red?
[notify]