GO!

Corona shot

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Pixi

Lil Miss Spaz

Barked: Fri Aug 15, '08 1:12pm PST 
So Pixi had all of her shots before my dad got her, except for the corona shot. He called the vet today to double check and make sure that she had her shots and they recommended getting the corona shot. I'm curious whether it's necessary. Isn't that really just something that happens when a puppy is with a bunch of other dogs, I don't really remember if Maya even got a corona shot....just curious, and if anyone has any info on the corona virus that would be great too thanks!

Don't want to give any shots that aren't really needed.

ADD: I've read that it's not really a problem for adult dogs, mainly just puppies. Pixi is 6 months old so would she still really be at risk, especially since she is only ever around the neighbors dog and Teddy and Maya?

Edited by author Fri Aug 15, '08 1:13pm PST

[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Sat Aug 16, '08 5:50pm PST 
Corona vaccination is not recommended in Dr Jean Dodds new vaccination protocol. It is a virus that any dog can get, but the vaccine isn't recommended unless there is a heavy outbreak in your area.

My vet was using it 3 years ago, but no longer is. I wonder why.

As too many vaccinations can lead to a compromised immune system, I'd skip it.
[notify]
Pixi

Lil Miss Spaz

Barked: Sat Aug 16, '08 6:08pm PST 
Thanks! My dad was planning to skip it anyways, but I just wanted to double check and make sure that was okay! Thanks!
[notify]