|Barked: Wed Aug 13, '08 7:10am PST |
|It sounds like the only thing you really need to worry about is an obstruction. Dog toys are made nontoxic because of cases like this. I believe regular tennis balls actually are toxic. Some sort of gas builds up in them and comes out when they are broken open. But since it was a dog toy you shouldn't have to worry about that.
The pieces of the ball could irritate his intestines while hes trying to pass them. They may even scrape them, so a vet visit is a good idea. If the vets worried about scraping he should give you an antibiotic. If he tore it into little pieces before eating, it should pass fine as long as they don't all try to go through his intestine at the same time.
Maya swallowed half her collar a couple weeks ago and passed it fine, don't worry too much. Maya vomited a lot and had diarrhea, but it looks like you already know the signs of an obstruction.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|