GO!

Difference between the 1 year Distemper Parvo and 3 year Distemper Parvo

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Jenna

We Are The- Champions!

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 12:53pm PST 
Anyone know if there is a real difference between the 1 year vaccine and the 3 year vaccine? I know Rabies 1 year is the same vax as the 3 year, they just won't say 3 year until you've 1 rabies shot before.
[notify]
Sabrina- 2000~2012

To break- injustice we- must break- silence

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 1:35pm PST 
I believe that the difference is that the one year vaccine was tested for just one year, and the 3 year one was tested to see if it lasted 3 years the same as for the rabies vaccines. These tests were run by the vaccine companies, and did not go past that number of years, so the vaccines could be effective longer than that. I'm just reading and learning a lot about vaccines myself right now, and the following article explains some of what I am saying, only more eloquently:

http://www.caberfeidh.com/Revax.htm

Hope that helps!
[notify]
Hiker - Adopted!!

Who's that- handsome fella?

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 2:39pm PST 
They are the same vaccine, just like the rabies. You get the first one and then a year later you get the booster that lasts for three years. It is the same shot, but the one year then three year builds the immunity.

Sorry if that was too wordy, I was just about to get offline when I saw this...
[notify]

Gracie

Barked: Thu May 15, '08 4:16pm PST 
The only difference is the label. Someone that worked for one of the pharmecutical companies told me there was no difference. I asked my vet who confirmed that they are one in the same.
[notify]