GO!

Murphy Oil!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

♥Mila- ♥

Pretty girl

Barked: Sun Mar 23, '08 5:15pm PST 
today we went to the doggie park, when we are there we take a shower before we leave. so the pup next to us was being bathed as well, and mommy noticed that the man was using Murphy oil ( the kind that you wash the floors with) it did seem to be diluted with water.. but anyways the lady that was waiting to wash her dog too, saw the bottle and asked the man why he was using it,, His reply was that his wife told him to use, he didn't know why he just did what she told him to do... my question is , is it safe to use it... ??? I didn't want to say anything to him because I wasn't sure if it is harmful or not...
[notify]
Trix~Lady Chaos

Unable to- respond...

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:30am PST 
I did a google search for the words "dog murphy oil" and was surprised that there were so many relevant webpages (even a dog/cat supply store) that came up. Some saying safe others are saying no.

Personally, I would never use something that is marketed by Colgate as floor cleaner-no matter what the ingredients-on any animal...But since I haven't even tried it, this post is not really anything more than a free bump smile
[notify]
♥Mila- ♥

Pretty girl

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:48pm PST 
Thanks Trixie..
bump appreciated...smile
[notify]

Drover ~Sweet Angel Boy~

I Love Mom!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '08 7:57pm PST 
Found this on the Colgate site on the FAQ
What is Murphy Oil Soap made from?
Murphy Oil Soap is a safe, naturally gentle soap, specially formulated for cleaning wood floors, furniture, and other household surfaces. And it leaves your home smelling fresh and clean. Murphy's contains no harsh detergents, ammonia, or bleach.

thinkingStill don't know what is in it! smile smile Why use a floor product on a dog? There are plenty of wonderful products specifically made for pups.
[notify]
Mojo

Snorts to ya!

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '08 3:25am PST 
Mom uses it on me and has referred it to tons of people! It is EXCELLENT for my sensitive skin and it REALLY gets rid of the dirt! I always look so nice and blonde afterwards and I smell nice too. way to go
[notify]