GO!

Diarrhea still days after having anal glands expressed

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '08 4:14am PST 
Hi all. Tetsuya has been having runny diarrhea still after having his anal glands expressed on Wednesday. I have been adding a tsp of 100 pumpkin to his food in the hopes that it will firm up his stools. It hasn't. He has been going outside to poop during the wee hours of the morning as well, about twice a night - usually around 3am and 5am as well as being let out right before bed. He has had several poop accidents in the house as well the last couple of days. Can this all still be an effect of having his anal glands expressed or might this be something else? Thanks for your advice!
[notify]
Daisy - R.I.P.

Good Morning- Beautiful.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '08 4:38am PST 
No... there is something wrong. If pumpkin isn't helping then it is time to seek a vet. And get to one ASAP. Dogs cn get dehydrated really fast with diarrah.
[notify]
Zebedee

the gift that- keeps on giving!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '08 7:48am PST 
Agree! You surely need to get a handle on this. Your vet can help you to treat the cause and not just the symptom. Expressing normal anal glands would not bring about this kind of reaction. Hope it is not serious.wave
[notify]

Tetsuya

I'm a snuggly- boy!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '08 8:59am PST 
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm taking him into the vet tomorrow.
[notify]