GO!

Popcorn is REALLy bad for dogs!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Abby- Girl(2007-Ja- n15 2008)

Mom Thinks I'm A- Doogie- Doll!BOL!:)

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 12:45pm PST 
Popcorn
I myself was talking to a friend of mine who said that there dog died of popcorn!
This is very serious!Do not ever give your dog popcorn. The kernel shell's cut there intestines open!!
[notify]
Lucyy!?!!- =]]

So much cooler- than yerr mom :]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 12:46pm PST 
....shock
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 12:46pm PST 
I said that too!shockshockshockshockshockshockshockeekeekeekeekshockshock
[notify]

Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 12:54pm PST 
I have never heard of this. My dogs love popcorn, and I have never had an issue with it. Realistically, think about it - popcorn kernels are not particularly sharp - how could they cut intestines open?

When did this happen to your friend? Is she 100% that it was popcorn, and not something else? Do you have any other sources for this info?

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 12:59pm PST 
It's not the kernel it's like (Uhh, so hard to explain)
You know sometimes you get that thin coating of shell that comes off.Ya, That's the thing that did that.But this is what she told me..
[notify]
Lucyy!?!!- =]]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:00pm PST 
I agree with Kiona. I have fed all my dogs popcorn at one time. Honey lived 20 years, Daisy 15. Wimbley is still kicking and about the only problem he DOESN'T have is intestinal problems. Lucy has a stomach/intestine of steel. She eats sticks and rubber and acorns and it all comes back. *is going to continue giving dogs popcorn for a special treat* Also if it cuts DOGS intestines wouldn't it eventually cut ours?

ETA:
You said th coating thing (i understand I think) and that isn't particularly sharp. It usually breaks anyway.

Edited by author Tue Jan 1, '08 1:01pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:02pm PST 
I know,This girl is confuzzling me..But,She had a Chihuahua. And well,Don't think that helps!!BOL!laugh out loud
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:03pm PST 
I agree Kiona...I can't see that popcorn would cause anymore damage to a dog than it would a human...That makes no logical sense at all.shrug
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:04pm PST 
This is what She told me. I just wanted to see what you guys trhought of it
[notify]
Lucyy!?!!- =]]

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 1:06pm PST 
Chi eh? I guess it could cause more damage then to other dog or human or whatever due to the wee-ness. shrug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8