GO!

HELP ATE ANT BAIT TRAP

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 7:40pm PST 
Darla Ate a COMBAT plastic ant bait trap, left small amount of chewed bits plastic. It is about 2months old. Does anyone know how poisnour these might be for a dog? Any help greatly appreciated. Any sites off handto check thank you. Looking for the box to see if a number. She never went near them under baseboard. Ugghh
frown
edited for brand name

Edited by author Wed Sep 12, '07 7:41pm PST

[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 7:46pm PST 
Call poison control or an E Vet ASAP.
[notify]
Angel Boy- Maxie

Running Free- ♥

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 7:47pm PST 
OMD! I think you should get in the car and take her to the vet when dogs drrol that means something is wrong or shedding when they have never shedded before! If it's plastic only plastic Max ate a lot of that! I hope you are ok!
[notify]

ZOE, ALWAYS- IN MY HEART

What- Would Cesar- Do?

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 7:56pm PST 
link

GET TO A ER VET!!!!!
[notify]
Figa Forever- Loved

Fuzzy- Slipper :3-

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 7:59pm PST 
Call the poision center!
[notify]
Sasha Belle

Bring Blue- Home!!

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 8:08pm PST 
if it has been more than 20-30 mins get to an e-vet immediately. If it's only been a few minutes then give about a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. Then go to the e-vet Either way you need to get to a vet asap. Eating ant bait is not a good thing.

edited: Okay just judging by the time on your post it has been atleast 20 minutes, so I highly suggest you go to an e-vet right away.

Edited by author Wed Sep 12, '07 8:11pm PST

[notify]
Bingley

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 8:10pm PST 
Those plastic ant traps are actually very innocuous. Pets are more likely to have a problem with a GI obstruction than they are with the bait. There should be a number on the box you can call.
[notify]
♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 8:35pm PST 
hugapplause Thank you all so much. thankfully i had another bait with number,I called the company. They have a dedicated pet line and they took all the infor. You really must listen to the whole message as you would miss it by rushing and just hanging up at the offic is now closed prompt. They are not poisonous perse to dogs, The ingredient is actually very little inside. It is the plastic we were told to watch for any type obstruction. They were very helpful. They Will be calling tomm followup. I called the vet they said same, just watch for any vomiting etc symptoms for 24- 48 hrs ANY signs bring her right in.. We gave her bread and some soft food to coat the pieces as per instructions given.They asked her size type( small long beagleish, was my best guess) and weight .

The link for household chemicals is very thorough, a real MUST Have for all. Thank you so much.hail I am passing that one on to family and friends.
We are very lucky as she isnt typical chew up all she gets into. Lulled into false security. She had to manuver to get at it too. I thought she went in to lay down. Well all the crud is in garbage and landlord is getting a piece of our minds again. Geez, like was stated some dogs and kids get into everything., we have been lucky. It must be the new food she acting like a puppy lately. hughughug You are the best dogsters. hughughug
[notify]
Sasha Belle

Bring Blue- Home!!

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 8:42pm PST 
GOOD!! I'm glad that it all ended up okay for you and Darla!
[notify]
Sammy

I love and miss- you Dutchess

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '07 8:44pm PST 
Oh I'm so glad it all turned out okay DarlaMae. You had me worried there!
snoopysnoopy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2