GO!

Can dogs use visine?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Bo

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 8:03pm PST 
My eyes are always, always red and runny, can dogs use visine? is it safe or does it even work for us??
[notify]
Tessa- Sue~*In- loving- memory*~

Gone. But the- ledgend lives on

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 8:06pm PST 
What do you eat? it sounds like you have eather allergies or an eye infection

Edited by moderator Tue Sep 4, '07 3:19pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Diego

UHH, What do you- want me do?

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 8:07pm PST 
Have you had them checked with your vet? Red and runny sounds like there might be and infection.....or just allergies, but your vet will know for sure!

As for visine, I wouldn't use it for anyone, dog or human. There is a natural eye mister thingy that is safe for anyone, even babies. I will see if I can find the name, and get back to you. Visine is just too harsh in my opinion, all of it.
[notify]

Diego

UHH, What do you- want me do?

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 8:09pm PST 
Here is a link to what I was describing. http://www.naturestears.com/ It just sounds so much gentler than Visine!!
[notify]
Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Mon Sep 3, '07 11:05pm PST 
Yes, I would take him to the vet to make sure he does not have an eye infection of anything like that. Also, they can makre sure he does not have an eyelid disorders - sometimes their eyelids can turn in on themselves and the eyelashes poke their eyes.

Edited by moderator Tue Sep 4, '07 3:17pm PST

Lorelai

Hey you got any- yum yums in- there?

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 2:51pm PST 
It sounds like your symptoms may warrant a vet visit. We had a foster boy with kennel cough pretty bad. The vet told us to put visine in his eyes to clean out the nasty puss that formed around his eyes. I don't think it would do much for itchy watery eyes, it might help with dry eyes. She specifically told us to get the visine natural tears.
[notify]
Nikki aka- 'Eyes to the- Soul'

hey Irie, wasn't- that MY toy??

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '07 4:22pm PST 
saline solution is a safe/simple/low cost treatment until you see your vet.....soon right?
cheer
[notify]