GO!

Why does my pup rub her butt on the carpet?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Lacie

Big attitude for- such a little- pup

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 9:52am PST 
I just had her anal glands cleaned and she doesn't have any sort of allergies. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I have her eating California Natural and always check her poo and it looks very normal and healthy.
[notify]
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 9:54am PST 
Could she have internal parasites?
[notify]
Vincent

for Rio - CYSTS BE GONE!!

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 10:05am PST 
I was wondering about worms. Or is it possible that she has some poop stuck to her fur? High drama here when that happens, you'd swear Vincent ws being tortured until I clean him up!
[notify]

Tigger "The- Terrible"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- rrrrrrrrrrrr

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 10:12am PST 
I drag my butt on the carpet once in awhile. The vet has thoroughly checked me and we have decided that ............ I just have an ocassional itch on my butt!wavewavesnoopysnoopy
[notify]
Wally S.- Bear

Elephant in- disguise

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 10:15am PST 
butt itch here too........I got my glands squeezed(a dot came out) and the next day I was rubbing butt on the carpet..........butt itch!
[notify]
Chanel

mmm, mmm, good!

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 10:15am PST 
She rubs her butt because it itches... BOL

From what it sounds like, she probably has irritated anal glands from being expressed. This happened to Chanel after a trip to the groomer. She also had a hard time going to the bathroom. I called the vet and they suggested icing her bum (wet a towel, put it in the freezer for about 20 min, and then on her bum) If you think it is severe, I suggest going to the vet.
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 10:19am PST 
WE all boot scoot, because weeee can, can, can!!!

Mommy wipes our po-po's with a Huggies diaper wipe when we poo. That way we don't leave skid marks on the rugs!

We were checked for parasites and our anal glads are PERFECT... just like to boot scoot!

We only do it maybe at most once every 2 or 3 months, though!way to go
MooMoo

MooMoo

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 11:08am PST 
We call this the hemoroid shuffle...hahahahlaugh out loud
[notify]
Buddy ☮

Ducks Are My- Nemeses

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 11:18am PST 
big laughbig laugh Tigger! Me too! I drag my butt once every couple of months... nothing more than an itch!
[notify]
Pepe - Forever Loved

Running wild at- the Bridge

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '07 11:25am PST 
laugh out loudbig laugh Yes, it's cos we can. What's a dog supposed to do when his butt itchesshruglaugh out loud
[notify]