GO!

the mushrooms in the backyard!!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

  
(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Precious- Bella

Do you like my- Blingy Collar??
 
 
Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 6:15pm PST 
help.. need to find out what could happen. Precious ate a little.. I don't know if she just chomped on it or actually ingested it.. that was about 30 minutes ago.. and she seems fine.. scared!
[notify]
Kirby

Run Run Run Run- Run
 
 
Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 6:32pm PST 
Mr. Kirby has eaten some of those mushrooms and so far the worse thing is he has been a little upset with his #2......I hope your Precious continues to do good, just keep a watchful eye on her!way to go
[notify]
Precious- Bella

Do you like my- Blingy Collar??
 
 
Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 7:00pm PST 
Thank you for your post!!! I am completely watching her like a hawk!! eek
[notify]

Titus

I'm Just Little- On The OUTSIDE!
 
 
Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 11:47pm PST 
When I was a puppy, Mom left me alone in the yard for about 2 minutes & I used the time for some ambitious digging by the tree & found some little brown mushrooms- tasty! She had no idea how much I ate - called poison control & described them & they said they sounded like the ones that would either kill him or not & had me send pictures. Of course they were the bad ones & I was only 6 punds so she said to get to the vet fast! They stuck a little white pill in my eye that made me throw up for about 3 hours (pitiful) mushroom came out, but they said to watch really carefully for symptoms even then.
may depend on your area, what grows there- but I would definitly call poison control & give them a description & ask what to watch for (muscle twitching, etc...) Hope you are A.O.K.- we'll be thinking of you
[notify]
Beau

The sweet Lord- Jesus guides my- posts
 
 
Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 11:57pm PST 
Many mushrooms are safe but those that aren't are deadly. I would call national animal poison control at 1-888-426-4435 (1-888-4ANI-HELP). There is a fee to call but you talk to board certified veterinary toxicologists. They are THE best poison control and hopefully can help you.
[notify]
The Roo- Crew™- ©®

We go together- like peas &- carrots

moderator
 
 
Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 7:26am PST 
I don't know where you live, but these are the kind we have in our back yard...

Toad Stools

Do they look like that? with greenish fins under the cap?
Mika

Superdog!
 
 
Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 7:57am PST 
Mika loves to eat the mushrooms in the back yard. She always seems to find the hidden ones and they keep popping up everywhere, so it's hard to always keep her away and it worries me. Anways, here is an article that may be helpful, it also has some good pictures if you scroll down a bit,

here's the website, sorry I don't know how to link

http://americanmushrooms.com/lawnandgarden.htm
[notify]
Precious- Bella

Do you like my- Blingy Collar??
 
 
Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 10:08am PST 
well... went through the night.. and she is OKAY!! well.. at least I think that if something were to happen it would have happened during the night etc.. this morning she was as playful as always, trying to eat and bite anything and everyone! ha!!! She drank water/ate food.. Thank you for all the responses.. I am such a worrier anyways that I am now paranoid about our backyard! Yes.. the mushrooms are the white ones.. and they were brown underneath (darker)... I don't think she ate enough but better safe than sorry.
NOW... HOW ON EARTH DO YOU TRAIN YOUR PUPPY TO STOP TRYING TO CHOMP ON US!! LOL!! She is seriously teething!!
[notify]
Pongo

Fire?!? - Where?!?
 
 
Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 1:22pm PST 
Really glad she's okay, but in the future... Don't take any chances... shrooms are not to be taken lightly... Many mushrooms will NOT manifest signs/symptoms until it's FAR to late... With many (i.e. death caps, etc) by the time you noticed ANY symptoms there would be no chance of recovery...

ANY time your pup ingests mushrooms, unless you are VERY good at identifying fungus, induce vomiting immediately, then seek help right away...

Also, be advised that many mushrooms are NOT easily to indentify... Many poisoness varities are strikingly similar to completely harmless ones, sometimes there are only incrediably subtle differences and even experts can make mistakes!
[notify]
Precious- Bella

Do you like my- Blingy Collar??
 
 
Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 4:44pm PST 
You are right. thank you!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2