GO!

Random fits of shaking

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Bonnie Lass- -in loving- memory-

This is soft,- I'm sure I'll- fit on it!

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '07 4:50pm PST 
Lately bonnie has been going through some random shaking fits.... she will she pretty strongly (for lack of better describing word) for a short period of time (maybe 20 seconds) and then she sort of just continues on as if nothing happened and then starts shaking again a few minutes later, this continues for a while... i've seen it happen a couple of times but i have no idea what it is.... any clues?

(and its not because she's cold because its hot here now)
[notify]
Tiffany

Just pee if you- have too

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '07 5:30pm PST 
i'm not too sure but this happened to Tiffany when my mom gave her a shower during the winter time and she was shaking alot but during the next day she stoped after a long sleep
[notify]
Blaze

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '07 6:41pm PST 
It could be a seizure. There are different types of seizures in dogs as well as people. I would take her to the vet or at least call to see what your vet thinks. Does she lose consciousness and become unresponsive during these spells? Does she urinate or have a bowel movement during the spell? Any changes in breathing?
[notify]

Bonnie Lass- -in loving- memory-

This is soft,- I'm sure I'll- fit on it!

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '07 10:12pm PST 
she remains awake and doesn't even seem to think anything of it, i will be petting her just relaxing and she will start to shake for a bit and then it just starts and stops for a while.... i can' figure it out, she went to the vet after these little shaking fits and even though we didn't mention it (i didnt think to because it was just to get her teeth cleaned) she had her blood tested and was examined and seemed to not show anything wrong with her
[notify]
Scooter

Yes i did it!

Barked: Sun Jun 10, '07 12:07am PST 
Is it only when you touch her? I had a cat that like shivered almost every time i petted a certain area of his back.I thought he was like ticklish or something. All it was was like a shiver that started when i touched him and kept up a few seconds,even if i stopped.
[notify]