GO!

Skin So Soft

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Mocha Bear- (Mokie),- VGG, KPA,

CEO of Rewarding- Behaviors Dog- Training

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 7:21am PST 
Does anyone know if this is safe for use on dogs for keeping bugs away, like it is with people?

Just curious...
[notify]
Gunner

All legs and no- tail

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 9:15am PST 
As far as I know, this is an okay product. The man who bred Gunner used this on all of his dogs during the summer. When we took over custody of Gunner's mom, Heidi, we continued this practice because she spent ample time outside. I do not know whether he added anything to the mixture, or if it was pure Skin So Soft, since the original owner provided this for us.

It did help her, but we also went out and bought Flies Off to spray on her because the flies became a problem.

ETA: I found a link which offers up uses of Skin So Soft, and it has a whole section for animals. For some reason, the html is not working, so this is the website: http://www.kitchencraftsnmore.net/skinsosoft.html

Edited by author Tue Jun 5, '07 9:18am PST

[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 9:27am PST 
Gunner, thanks for the heads up! What an interesting link.

This morning, the Avon lady here at work came around handing out the most recent catalog. Maybe I'll have to order some SSS!
[notify]

Navidad

Feed Me!

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 11:16am PST 
That sounds like a great idea! I used to spray it on my horse, diluted a little with water. It really helped with bugs. I'm gonna order some also!dancing
[notify]
♥Tori- ♥

PLAY?

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 12:39pm PST 
My momma dips me in a mixture of it and water after our baths to keep the skeeters and fleas away. Works fine and doesn't bother my skin at all, and I smell so pretty afterwards. Kisses Tori
[notify]
Katie

I am the- Dreamsicle-you- may kiss my nose

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 12:41pm PST 
OMD-never thought of that! What a good idea-I will be calling my Avon lady on pay dayway to go

I remember this from my childhood-skin so soft baths before going campinglaugh out loud I can even smell it. This will keep me smiling all day-Thanks!
[notify]
Cotton, TDI,- CGC, TFP-I,- FMX

You can't resist- me.

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 12:56pm PST 
When we go camping, I spray Off on me and Cotton. Before my first camping trip with Cotton, I asked the vet if there was anything I would need and he (before my new vet -a she) said to remember the insect repellant. He said that if I needed it, she probably did too. Just make sure it doesn't get in the eyes.
SSS sounds better. I know it smells better but does it work as well? Thanks for the tip, I may try that this summer. puppy
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 12:58pm PST 
I like the smell of SSS, it's really pretty affordable, and doesn't have that "chemically" smell that some of the other bug sprays have. I personally have my own reasons against using spot on flea/tick preventives, and thought, I'd like some for myself, and "hmmmm...would it work on the dogs too?"

When I order, I'll try it out, and let you know how things go.

Those of you who already use it on your pets...do you dilute? If so, what's the concentration ratio of SSS:water?
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 1:11pm PST 
Ummm...have any of you ordered SSS lately?

I haven't ordered it in years. When I thought of it, I went to check out my Avon catalog.

They don't have "old school" or "original" formula SSS, that I can see. They have body washes and stuff that are "SSS" they have a "super silk body oil" and then they have the bug repellant SSS, and some self-tanning SSS.

Crap. I just wanted plain old SSS. I mean, I don't know about the bug guard varieties of Skin So Soft, or about how "safe" they are for use on dogs.

What do you guys think about this?
[notify]
Katie

I am the- Dreamsicle-you- may kiss my nose

Barked: Tue Jun 5, '07 1:14pm PST 
Try to find a local rep and ask them to look for it. I have a pal who sells Mary Kay and one who sells Avon-they are both much better than going to the internet as they give great tips on sales, closeouts, hard to find stuff. They know all the hidden stuff-which is what keeps the reps going I think.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3