GO!

My Dog's High Pitch bark [HELP!]

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Cocoa

Happy Dog!! The- Happiest Dog out- there!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 8:13am PST 
I'm not sure if I should put this on this topic...

Today, cocoa barked in a high pitch when I had put him down on the floor. He also barked in a high pitch when I slapped my brother's hand as a joke. Then when I carried him, after 20 minutes, he was barking in high pitch also..

Is Cocoa in pain? Should I take him to the veterinary? frown
[notify]
Boris

Mr. Boris asks - Throw the ball- NOW!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 8:50am PST 
Is this a new or different behavior for Coco? Does it sound different than Coco's normal bark? His he moving differently? It could be a sign of pain or excitement. If this is different than normal, you should at least call your vet, if not take him in.

I have a really high pitched baby bark when I'm really excited. (but don't tell anyone.)
[notify]
Milhous

You wanna piece- of me?

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 6:26pm PST 
A change in tone or pitch of a dog's bark could indicate something going on in his throat - polyps, cancer, a foreign object, etc. Does he bark normally at all or only high pitched now?
[notify]

charlotte- ♥

must...- not...blink...

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 6:50pm PST 
hee hee, i hope your high pitched bark is as funny/annoying as mine!! i don't do it cuz i'm in pain... i do it to drive my mom INSANE when i want to: come inside after a potty, ride in the cab of the pickup instead of my kennel, or chew on the kitty. nothing can make me stop- not a "no!," not ignoring me, nothing. i only do it once in a blue moon, but it makes my mom nuts. i hope you are just being rotten like me, and that you're not in pain at all. you should ask your vet for sure, though, just to be on the safe side!!! cheer
[notify]
Peaches- ♥

I'm adopted!!

Barked: Mon Apr 30, '07 7:17pm PST 
If he's switched to a high-pitch all the time, it might be worth a vet check...if it's just now and then, it may just be how he's expressing himself at that moment.

Peaches has a low-pitched bark when she's just barking at squirrels or birds in the yard, odd noises, etc. But when she's REALLY stressed, she comes out with this high-pitched bark that sounds more like she's screaming than barking. It's bizarre but not a health issue for her.
[notify]
Cyber Ozzie

That's- Redogulous!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 3:34am PST 
My cousin does this when he gets extra rowdy or really means what he is trying to say. Sometimes a pup has no where else to go so they kick it up a notch! way to go
[notify]
Rocky

Got Food?

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 8:45am PST 
Rocky also turns it up a notch by increasing his pitch and volume when he REALLY is excited about something.

He started doing this when we were getting ready to go on walks, and because it was predictable I managed to teach him to stop. I squirted him with a spray of water every time he "yarked", and told him to hush, and he figured it out pretty fast. He still tries to sneak one or two in on occasions that he knows I'm not armed with a squirter.big grin
[notify]
Boston

BSL - laws against- BigSexyLugs- stop it!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 9:20am PST 
hehehe!
Bozo has a girls bark sometimes,mainly when he is scared (quite often laugh out loud )
[notify]
Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 10:55am PST 
I do that too sometimes! It is usually when I am super duper excited like when mom gets home from school and she doesn't get from the car to the house fast enough for me. I will also do it when someone else is holding me, mom is there and I want her to hold me instead. My regular bark sounds a lot different from my high pitch excited/upset bark. She just tries to ignor me or tell me to shush.
[notify]