GO!

Supplements for Bone Cancer?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lucky CGC- -9/17/1996-2- /25/2008

RIP- Sweet- Angel

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 10:21am PST 
As you may have heard I was diagnosed with bone cancer and had my front leg amputated a couple of weeks ago. I am now on chemo. Mom wants to put me on some good supplements but she is getting really confused. Does any pup know what the best supplements are for bone cancer? How much do you give a dog the size of a greyhound? She found something called "K-9 Immunity" to be used with "K-9 Transfer Factor". Has anyone ever heard of it or used it? It's really expensive, but if it works it might be worth a try. Heres the link:

http://www.dogcancer.net/immunity.html

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Lucky
[notify]
D-Day *The- MacDaddy*

just a big- momma's boy

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 10:53am PST 
Co-Q10!!!! You can get it at any healthfood or pharmacy or grocery store. I was diagnosed with cancer 1 & 1/2 years ago with no protocol very fast and very aggressive. I'm still HERE!! Co-Q10 is good for all cancers. It's and immunity builder to help keep the cancer cells down. They give it to humans with heart disease and now chemo patients. We produce the enzyme but as we age we produce less and less. I swear by it.
D-Day and mom
[notify]

RIP- Sweet- Angel

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 10:59am PST 
Thanks, D-Day! big grinMom takes that as an antioxident. How much should I take?thinking
[notify]

D-Day *The- MacDaddy*

just a big- momma's boy

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 11:29am PST 
I think it's 200mg but I'll check when I get home. I tried to get the highest concentrate. D-Day weighs about 120 Lbs.
They found the cells in his leg. You can see his fat back leg in his picture. They told me his cancer runs through the system like bone cancer but he has yet to develope any masses since diagnosed so we'll keep paws crossed that you get the same results that we did.
D and Patti
[notify]
Cherokee- Forever- Loved Cherry

Our Precious- Angel Cherry

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 1:06pm PST 
Lucky, before you start any supplements, double check with your oncologist. I am assuming you will be going through chemo, and depending on how they need to attack the cancer cells, some supplements can counter react it.
[notify]

RIP- Sweet- Angel

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 2:15pm PST 
Thanks, Cherry, Mom checks with the doctor on everything. She's a worry wart smile, she even watches me breathe when I'm sleeping. We don't have a holisic vet so there are no ideas forthcoming. I just thought that if I got some ideas here on Dogster ( where there is a proliferation of them smile ), then Mom could gather them all up and talk it over with the doctor before she added anything to my diet. She even showed him the list of ingredients for my diet and he thought it was great. (In fact, I think it made him hungry.big laughbig laughbig laugh )
[notify]
D-Day *The- MacDaddy*

just a big- momma's boy

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '07 8:09pm PST 
Hey Lucky, there's another thread going called Holistic cancer stuff. Some indepth stuff over there you might want to check it out for mor ideas.
[notify]
Tippy

You can get- anything if you- sit pretty!

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '07 5:01am PST 
Lucky,
When my Cleo had lymphoma I found a great online support group, they have tons of info and there were alot of people there that had dogs with bone cancer. The people are great and do not judge you at all.
You should really check the group out, the website is http://forums.delphiforums.com/petcancer/start
[notify]

RIP- Sweet- Angel

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '07 3:31pm PST 
Thanks so much for all your help. There is so much confusing information. out there. Of course, whatever I come up with I will definetely discuss with my oncologist. And no vaccinations, like Cherry said. Just what I need now, to suppress my immune system. I need to rebuild!
[notify]
Takiah

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '07 6:15pm PST 
First of all, I`m so sorry to hear about your cancer Lucky, and the fact that you had to loose a leg frown That must have been more painful for your human parents to do than yourself, but it looks like you are adjusting very well to it!! I hope your cancer treatments go well.

Sorry, I don`t have advice on supplements, but if you are looking for some good supplements, then I highly recommend Dr. Goldstein`s book `The Nature of Animal Healing.` He has one of the best cancer success rates in the country, and seems to really know which supplements work the most. His speciality is cancer, he treats all types, and the book lists the treatments for many of them. I know he uses glandular therapy, and works a lot from blood sample analysis, but I don`t know what in particular he gives for bone cancer. His book is very interesting!! My friend`s dog did a complete recovery with his treatments, despite being given only 6 months by all the other vets. He hosts a radio show as well through Martha Stewart, where you can call in and ask questions. I don`t remember when it is on though. There is still hope, so don`t give up!! big grin
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2