GO!

Dog ate bag of gummie bears!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Farley

Farlekiin the- Dragonborn

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 4:36pm PST 
What should I do? Will he be okay after eating a 1/3rd of a BIG bag of gummie bears that were left on the computer desk? Will he just feel sick then it will pass, or what should be done? Should I be concerned?
[notify]
~Seaak~Misse- d- 11/16/02-9/2- 5/09

In the land of- the angels

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 4:46pm PST 
Umm well it sure doesnt sound good. Oh wow umm Im not much help...
[notify]
Dickens

I may not be- smart, but darn- i'm cute!

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 4:58pm PST 
I wouldn't worry too much - he'll be fine. A bit hyper from all the sugar I would assume, but should be okay. Chocolate is the real candy danger to dogs. While eating a bunch of gummy bears certainly isn't good for him, just keep an eye on him to make sure he's acting/eating/drinking okay.

He may have a case of the runs for a day or so, and may not eat as much as you think he should, but aside from that, a gummy bear colored tongue should be the only real difference you see

thinking

Edited by author Sat Mar 17, '07 5:00pm PST

[notify]

Bowen

My battle name- is Bowen the- Destroyer.

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 5:29pm PST 
I'd call the vet and ask just to be safe, but aside from some possible constapation and hyper activity you should be okay. Make sure you drink lots of water though. If you dont feel like drinking try eating some ice, its a sneaky way to hydrate. smile
[notify]
Twinkie

"Butt Mode"

Barked: Sat Mar 17, '07 9:29pm PST 
I had a dachshund once that ate one of those HUGE hershey's kisses you get at Valentines........She got if off of the coffee table and enjoyed the entire thing while no one was home...She was fine!
[notify]
Milhous

You wanna piece- of me?

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 7:05am PST 
Aw Farley. He'll be fine.

I'm picturing a dog chewing on gummy bears - kind of funny.
[notify]
Gunner

All legs and no- tail

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 7:25am PST 
He'll definitely be fine. Our dogs love gummie bears (although we never give them more than a couple at a time). We've never had any adverse reactions from them.
[notify]
Kody

Me hide??? You- betcha!!!!

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 7:38am PST 
Mmmmmmmmmmmm, gummi bears. I think the pup will be fine, although a tad hyper. Like others have said lack of appitite comes to mind too, but ok. Don't you just adore the abilities our dogs magically have when something as enticing as mmmmm gummi bears are around. LOL. If you are concerned I agree call the vet but, if he has the same type of sense of humor mine does well get ready. One of the dogs I had ate my CD's not chewed ate. I called the vet in hysterics in the middle of the night (don't you like the country vets) and his response to my hysterics was, "well Ms. Debbie whichever one open they mouth and music comes out, that's the one that ate em I would think." Yes he is still my vet. Dogs were fine never knew they could pass cd fragments with out trouble but... Oh it was Nellie the GSD.
[notify]
Parker

Parker - oversized- lap-dog

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 7:47am PST 
Parker once ate some gummy worms... and ... erm... I never noticed until they made an appearance on the front lawn! I'm glad I figured it out BEFORE I brought the sample into the vet's. How embarassing that would have been!

I did notice he was a bit hyper the day before, but never knew what he did. Sneaky.... stole them out of my purse without disturbing it or anything else in there! Sneaky!
[notify]
Maggie May

Foofer McWoofer

Barked: Sun Mar 18, '07 1:58pm PST 
Ditto the others, he should be fine initially---they won't poison him or anything like that. I'd keep an eye on his poops the next couple days just to make sure he's going, but I don't think you've got too much to worry about. Of course, a call to the vet wouldn't hurt either to put your mind at ease!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2