Close X

Elevated feeder -- need a confirmation

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4  

First, why is it nobody ever seems to read reports like the Purdue study? I bet if you ask anyone who references this study if they actually read it cover to cover the answer would be a resounding NO.

Second, it is old by today's standards. Might as well be talking about using bat wings and eye of newt to cast a spell on the evil bloat. Which...most people agree they don't know what causes bloat. Most importantly, this wasn't a real scientific study it was more like a survey.

Third, a bowl by it's very nature "elevates" food off of the floor so what is the definition of "elevated" to begin with?

Yes, I feed my dog with elevated bowls and yes I make them so I am biased on two accounts but mostly I find it most troubling for experts and bloggers to be lazy and misinforming the public with half truths.

Thank you for allowing me to express my thoughts.

too old to eat- any more KD
Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 7:54pm PST 
Zombie thread..6 years old. Must be the weekend laugh out loud
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 32)  
1  2  3  4