GO!

weird question on dog nipples

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Louie

me too! MMMEEEE- TTTOOOOO!!!

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 1:30pm PST 
I'm a little embarrassed my mom is asking this, but here we go....My mom has noticed, when I roll over on my back to get a tummy rub, that my pink nipples have brownish colored scab/callus (sp?) like things on them. do any of you other boys have this? does anyone know the proper term for these things and why do we have them? or should my mom be worried and take me to the vet? thanks everyone
Louie, tired of my mom looking at my nipples *blush*.

Edited by author Sun Dec 10, '06 1:31pm PST

[notify]
♥Lenn- on♥

How could you- not LOVE this- face???

Barked: Sun Dec 10, '06 2:03pm PST 
Tell your mommy it could be just pigment on your *blushes* nipples. My sister Jadah has the same thing and so does my brother Evander!!!
[notify]
Maximus- Prime

Evil Puppy

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 4:25pm PST 
Mom had a male dog with "innie" nipples, and they would get clogged with dirt. The vet squeezed them out.
[notify]

Mingus, CGC,- R3GL

www.phetched.com

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 4:57pm PST 
Louie, I have dark spots on my nipples too. Mom always thinks they're fleas or ticks and tries to pull them off, then she realizes it's just my nipples. Grrrr!

So if it's weird, at least you're not alone! puppy
[notify]
Grunt

It's me GRUNT!

Barked: Mon Dec 11, '06 7:22pm PST 
I get them too but it's from falling down when I run too fast and trip and then I scratch my nipples and make the rough. I get lotion rubbed on them and they feel good.
[notify]
Mikhail (at- Rainbow- Bridge)

Have puddle,- will splash

Barked: Tue Dec 12, '06 1:35am PST 
my mom makes me blush too. she checks them for dirt and ticks everyday and then progresses to count them. do nipples fall off and then jump back on? cause she tells me i have nine one day, 12 the next day and 6 another day.
so either mom hasn't learnt to count properly or my nipples take regular vacations.

ohhhh.. what we pooches have to go through in the name of love. (sigh)
[notify]
Zeke

SuperNerd!!

Barked: Fri Dec 15, '06 5:13pm PST 
This brownish buildup is from dried oil. There are oil glands right along all the mammary glands (male and female). When oil is secreted, but not removed, it builds up and dries, causing this brownish residue. When you give your dog a bath, suds that area up alot and let it soak. It might take a while to get rid of it, but it's perfectly harmless. You might notice some of this buildup in your dog's armpits too. Hope this helps!!
[notify]
Hudson

he's one in a- million!!!!

Barked: Fri Dec 15, '06 5:16pm PST 
i get the weird dark spot on my nipples to : (
[notify]
Kaiser - My sweet boy- is gone

The Mister

Barked: Fri Dec 15, '06 10:34pm PST 
Mine are pretty insignificant.. but I'm still dead sexy!

*sssssssssssssssssss*
[notify]
Clover

Clover - The lucky one

Barked: Sat Dec 16, '06 10:58pm PST 
haha mikhail....i have 9 nipples too, three are not matched up and they show EVERYONE that will look and listen.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2