|Barked: Sat Dec 2, '06 10:26am PST |
|Rosie and Isabel posted this a while back, but I wanted to repost for those who may have missed it. Its run by Kansas State University:
This is a totally free, 24 hour phone number.
I also wanted to thank Rosie and Isabel for telling me about it because I actually had to call it last night. Brody ate a couple of pieces of onions, and given his size, I was worried that the amount would be toxic.
The people were friendly, and calm, which is good because I wasn't calm. A receptionist answered, and then connected me to a toxicologist. They told me that Brody didn't eat enough to be toxic. Whew. He also told me what symptoms to look for, in case Brody ate more than what I suspected. And he said that if I noticed those symptoms to take him to the vet.
The roads were covered in ice last night, so I was glad that I could talk to a veterinarian/toxicologist. What a relief. Plus, its FREE.
Please, if your dog gets into a potentially toxic substance, don't hesitate to call this hotline.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become pals|| [notify]|