GO!

Free Poison Control Phone Number

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Brody

The best things- come in little- packages

Barked: Sat Dec 2, '06 10:26am PST 
Rosie and Isabel posted this a while back, but I wanted to repost for those who may have missed it. Its run by Kansas State University:

The number:
785-532-5679

This is a totally free, 24 hour phone number.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also wanted to thank Rosie and Isabel for telling me about it because I actually had to call it last night. Brody ate a couple of pieces of onions, and given his size, I was worried that the amount would be toxic.

The people were friendly, and calm, which is good because I wasn't calm. A receptionist answered, and then connected me to a toxicologist. They told me that Brody didn't eat enough to be toxic. Whew. He also told me what symptoms to look for, in case Brody ate more than what I suspected. And he said that if I noticed those symptoms to take him to the vet.

The roads were covered in ice last night, so I was glad that I could talk to a veterinarian/toxicologist. What a relief. Plus, its FREE.

Please, if your dog gets into a potentially toxic substance, don't hesitate to call this hotline.
[notify]
Elsie Mae- Ray

Cherry Angel and- Elsie NUN- furever pals

Barked: Sun Dec 3, '06 9:59am PST 
Awesome. Thanks for sharing!! smile
[notify]
Mia Bella

Just a little- girl!

Barked: Sun Dec 3, '06 11:46am PST 
Thanks for sharing Brody I'm going to program it into my cell phone right away!
[notify]

Ruffian

Newest Project- "Sprinkles"

Barked: Mon Dec 4, '06 7:32am PST 
Thanks for Re-posting this information! I had missed the origional post!

Licks and Grateful Wags
[notify]
Rondo

Puppy Prodigy

Barked: Mon Dec 4, '06 7:54am PST 
Thanks Brody! Mom was just trying to find that number for our "emergency numbers"
list 'cause we have a doggie sitter this weekend.

Now we don't have to search forever to find it!
Rocky

Got Food?

Barked: Mon Dec 4, '06 8:08am PST 
"The people were friendly, and calm, which is good because I wasn't calm."

I know I can't remember where my head is when I'm panicking. Thanks for the numbers. I'll keep them handy.
[notify]