GO!

Illness and death by "Revolution"

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Grace Lynn- (In Loving- Memory)

Pound 4 Pound,- the Toughest- Around!

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 3:45pm PST 
The Boston Terrier Rescue Group has been frantic about a recent death due to the Heartworm Preventative,Tick and Flea product called Revolution. I am looking for documentation and more information on this topic to share with Veterinarians and concerned clients and dog lovers. Please, if you know of any incidents of sickness or death due to this product or any other topical, I need the proof to share the warning!
[notify]
Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 4:13pm PST 
We use Revolution and have never had a problem. (going on 4 years now). The only experience we have with it is positive...
Hershey

I'm sticking my- tongue out at- you!

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 4:15pm PST 
Our vet stopped carrying Revolution for dogs a couple of years ago. The doctor said that Revolution for dogs (for cats is ok) does not always prevent heart worms like they are suppose to. To prevent that risk, they no longer carry it.
[notify]

Paris- (1991-2007)

I Get By With A- Little Help...

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 4:59pm PST 
I pulled Paris off of Revolution because he's dying of cancer so...
but, other than that. No problems
[notify]
Ellie

LONG DOGS RULE!

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 5:07pm PST 
We use it with no problems. Please post what info you find.
[notify]
♥Lord- Pippin&heart- s;

I RULE! I OWN! I- POSSESS!!!

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 5:07pm PST 
Oh Lord...i am on that / ............ i have one more dose to go then it will be back to the heartguarrd ...etc......which all of this stuff causes cancer in dogs anyway......mom is sooooo convinced of that but cannot prove it........it almost seems a given.... one vet did mention that ONE vaccine could have enough 'stuff' in it to last at least 10 years........is all of this stuff a money maker?? Does it cause death in the end????? ....... I think everything that is unnatural in a tiny animal can cause some form of affect which could lead to death..... all those shots!!!!! wow......!!! Poisoning these tiny souls from what!!!???
[notify]
Snowball- Brian

:D

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 5:17pm PST 
oh my dog! my baby snowball is on revolution for couple years now and use it every month!!! Im totaly freaking out right now, our vet is closed already, i cant ask him about this right now, i have to wait tomorrow frown If you guys find any info please let us know. thanks!
[notify]
Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 5:32pm PST 
Do not freak out people. There is absolutly no evidence that Revolution will kill your dog. The original poster heard a story, and was now asking for what we knew.

From it appears, many of us have had our dogs on Revolution for quite some time with no problems. That assures me far more then one isolated case that has hardly been proven to be a direct result of Revolution scares me.

Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out.
Taylor

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 5:41pm PST 
I've never had a problem with Revolution. I've used it on all my dogs 6 weeks and up.
[notify]
Kaiser - My sweet boy- is gone

The Mister

Barked: Mon Nov 27, '06 6:35pm PST 
We use Revolution. Kaiser for about 2 years now and Maggie, all this year. No problems at all.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4