GO!

K9 Advantix Side Effects

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 2 of 8: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Dosha

It moved! Chase- it, Chase it!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 4:07pm PST 
well I haven't had any problems out of advantage, but I haven't personally delt with the advantix. I don't know the difference between the two formulas.
[notify]
Peter Parker

Peace, Love &- Dachshunds

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 4:16pm PST 
Guys if you are looking for an awesome alternative to K9 Advantix go for Comfortis. It is administered orally and is a newer "green" medication, with less side effects than those other topical ones.
Check out the website www.comfortis4dogs.com.

There was a thread about this not too long ago and lots of dogsters do really well on it. Now it's not a tick (& others) preventative like Advantix, it is for fleas only but I am going on my 3rd month and I haven't seen one flea on my dog or in my house since he has been on it. There has been NO side effects either. The price is basically the same as Advantix ($80), but is well worth it. Here in Texas the lfeas are brutal. I am impressed with the product. blue dogblue dog
[notify]
Lila Rae

I'm pretty sure- I'm a doberman..

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 4:20pm PST 
Thanks Dosha.

Peter- Lila Rae cannot have the Comfortis because she is under the weight limit, I tried already and the vet said she would prescribe it for her (she is 4 lbs), but i'd hate to chance it!
[notify]

Peter Parker

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 4:27pm PST 
Wow Lila- that's tiny...I wouldn't chance it either if I was you. What do the weight classes start at 10 lbs??? If it starts at 5 lbs it might be something I would consider but not 10 lbs.
Are you looking for a natural alternative? Is it for fleas only or ticks as well? Garlic Brewer's pet tabs are a wonderful natural alternative to the harsh topical ones. There was a thread about that too not too long ago.blue dog
[notify]
Dosha

It moved! Chase- it, Chase it!!!

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 4:35pm PST 
My vet don't carry it, is it carried like through some of the other places online?
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 6:48pm PST 
Plus Peter, Comfortis only covers fleas though. frown

We've tried Frontline Plus, K9 Advantix, and Promeris. Never had any problems, but K9 Advantix and Promeris were both really greasy and gross.
[notify]
Peter Parker

Barked: Tue Aug 11, '09 8:55pm PST 
yeah Sherpa, I said that in my first post about Comfortis ONLY being for fleas. I know Advantix covers more thingssmile

Just trying to give a shout out for something that doesn't cause so many side effects....every dog is different and some react differently to different stuff. Whoa- did I like just say different too many times? smile

Anyhow- I wish they would come out with a "green" preventative similar to Advantix, that covers all the things advantix does but is oral. That would be way cool.blue dog
[notify]
Donte

Barked: Sun Sep 20, '09 8:44am PST 
iv'e have notice that when i put k9 advance on my two dogs they have been getting very sick!!! especialy the smaller one. he been sick now for two months ive have taken him to the doctor and he was given medications but it seems that he still not better has diairria with blood and vomites the cookies i give him and treats.. so hes been on chicken and rice for two months But not better??? i think its the flie medication that im giving him,, next month i will go back to fronline to see how they do!!!! any advice please write me back.
[notify]
Mazzy

S-S-S-SQUIRREEEL- LLL!!!!

Barked: Sun Sep 20, '09 9:17am PST 
I use Advantix and I like it better than any of the other flea topicals, BUT Mazzy is a big dog and Advantix is pretty "hard core" compared to the others like Frontline. Advantix combats more, is 'thicker' and where as with Frontline, for bigger dogs you put it on the shoulders, rump, and even the mid-back if they are really big, with Advantix you only administer at the shoulder blades which tells me that Advantix probalby has a harsher/more potent 'dispersement agent' in it.

I like Advantix, but because of what just rationally seems like a more powerful/potent formula, I would not use it if I had a small dog.
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Sun Sep 20, '09 11:48am PST 
I've used Frontline Plus with great results since it kills all life cycles of fleas including eggs, I hate to use chemical flea killers, but for Daddy who has flea allergies and the rescued cat who is prone to anemia, they've worked the best and been the "lesser of two evils" so to speak.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 8: Viewing entries 11 to 20)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8