GO!

colloidal silver

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Deegan

The Eternal- Greeter

Barked: Sun Jun 25, '06 3:53pm PST 
We are wondering if anyone has used this for their dogs before and if you have what dosage you used and any other information you may have. (See Deegan's thread below - has canine papilloma virus)

TIA
[notify]
Mo

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 8:12am PST 
I have been using collodial silver for Mo for about 2 months now. He was diagnosed with Erlichiosis and we have used it both for infection and in his water.
I am not sure of dosage... with Mo we are putting about a cup in his water each day (but this is due to his symptoms) I will look into dosages for you.
[notify]
Deegan

The Eternal- Greeter

Barked: Mon Jun 26, '06 2:16pm PST 
Thank you so much for any help. I put some collidial silver on a cotton ball and placed it on the warts once so far today and have put a tablespoon in their water. I e-mailed our vet and he said people use Compound-W for warts on dogs and I am definitely not trying that. I'm sure being in his mouth would be a really bad thing.
Thanks again.
[notify]

Mo

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 5:13am PST 
colloidal silver has been used for years! My aunt and uncle take it themselves!
[notify]
Ranger

best dog ever!

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 5:18am PST 
colloidal silver is a POISON. it can have neurologic as well as liver and kidney damage. it also causes something called argyria, because it isn't excreted. please do NOT use this dangerous "remedy" on your dog!!!!!!
[notify]
Deegan

The Eternal- Greeter

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 8:57am PST 
Ranger - please site specifics. Don't just drop a bomb like that when everything I've read says different. And did you notice above there is a dog getting a cup added to his water everyday and improving in health. Please state why you would post that and any other information you may have.
[notify]
Mo

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 10:04am PST 
please do tell more...it has been perscribed to Mo and he has been doing well with it! We have mostly used it topically however we were told to mix it in his water!
[notify]
Ranger

best dog ever!

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 2:41pm PST 
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad. html

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/ANS00971.html

http: //homepages.together.net/~rjstan/rose1.html
[notify]
Deegan

The Eternal- Greeter

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 3:15pm PST 
You don't trust the FDA, do you?

I've read a lot about collodial silver and it's benefits and that it has helped with the virus Deegan has. I would never do anything to harm him. In fact, his ears have been flared up from his allergies for the last two weeks. He had maybe two teaspoons of colloidal silver yesterday and he hasn't been scratching them at all - getting better results than him taking 4 Benadryl a day. I don't like giving them anything, but I figure this is worth a try and a better solution than just sitting and waiting for the growths to go away on their own or possibly take over his entire mouth and throat.

Unless, you have a suggestion for something else we can use?
[notify]
Ranger

best dog ever!

Barked: Tue Jun 27, '06 3:44pm PST 
don't trust the fda? guess you like to eat rotten meat....
the ONLY quotes that say it works are from the producers. did you even read any of them, or just see the fda website and assume? sorry i tried to save you some heartache.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3