GO!

Capstar-Watch FLEAS and TICKS drop DEAD in 30 min!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 11:50am PST 
I never knew how few people have heard of the Capstar, an oral pill taken to kill ANYTHING that bites your dog for 30 minutes, sold at the local vet. (Not expensive!)

It is a SAFE means of ridding dogs OR cats of biting insects.

Within this 30 min period it is best to powder carpets, spray yards to avoid the pests jumping back on! You can flea dip your pet 30 minutes after administering the Capster, and apply flea and tick preventitave 30 minutes after that!

Please share your experiences or questions here!
[notify]
Duke

Tennis ball! - Throw it! Throw- it!

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 11:56am PST 
Mom says they use Capstar at the animal shelter she volunteers at. It works really well!
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 12:48pm PST 
I noticed that Advantage has the same effect. Then again, dipping a flea in Dawn dish detergent kills it within seconds. Don't know what's in Dawn that does this, but other dish detergents don't kill them as fast.

Who are you, Guest dog? Why don't you show us who you are? Your post kinda sounds like an advertisement.

I don't possibly see how any chemical that will kill "anything" that ingests it within 30 minutes can be considered safe for any larger animal to ingest internally. That's my opinion, though. I'd love to hear reasons why these flea and tick meds are supposed to be 'safe' other than the fact that they don't kill your dog right away and the potential long term effects can't be pinned to just these particular meds. I don't wanna start trouble, I'm just really interested in hearing what others have to say.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 12:55pm PST 
I appologize Meridian!

My name is Ruffian, My mom hasn't been able to take pics of me yet and post them! She wants to real bad though!! I didn't mean to make my thread title sound like an advertisment. Oops! Is there any way that I can change the thread title? (Only been on dogster about 3 months now!) If you are wondering about how safe the Capstar is just call your local vet and ask away!! I just hoped to spread the word because I realized how little people have heard of it! And it is such a useful treatment! I am allergic to flea bites myself and Capstar has REALLY helped me! I just hoped to pass along the info!

Licks and Wags,
Ruffian

Edited by author Mon Mar 20, '06 12:57pm PST

[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 12:59pm PST 
Hi Name Pending! (bol!)

Yes, I can see where the Capstar can help shelter dogs keep those nasty pests off them! Good idea! Maybe you can help Meridian know more about the Capstar!

Ruff Man
[notify]
Duke

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 1:22pm PST 
At the shelter they obviously don't want dogs with fleas going back into the kennel area and giving the fleas to the other dogs, so they either give it a bath in Dawn as Meridian said or, for cats or dogs that are too big for the tub, they give it a Capstar. Mom remembers once when a kitten was about to go to its new home, and they noticed it had some flea dirt. They gave it a quarter (I think) of a Capstar and told the owner to accompany that with flea prevention measures and they were good to go. It's very safe, even for little kittens. I give it four paws up!
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 1:27pm PST 
Thanks Name Pending! (Your a cutie by the way!)

I appreciate you helping to get my point accross!

Licks and Super Fast Wags,
Ruffy
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 1:36pm PST 
Sorry, Ruffian, didn't mean to offend, hope I didn't! Your enthusiasm combined with your anonymity kinda combined in my head wierd. I can't wait to see your profile when you get it made!

I'm glad you have found something that works for you and are keen to share it with the rest of us. To me, that's one of the things the Dogster forums are all about. Thanks!
[notify]
Duke

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 1:41pm PST 
No problem, Ruffian! Be sure and let us know when you get a page. And thanks for letting other dogs know about this too- Mom had neaver heard of Capstar before the shelter.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Mar 20, '06 1:44pm PST 
No problem Meridian! Reading it over again I can see why you thought that! BOL!! Maybe I should get a job in advertising! *wink*

Name Pending, I'll let you guys know! She just needs to take pics to post are we are good to go!!

Later guys!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3