GO!

so you can acually have a pet dingo?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 4:02am PST 
Hello , I have a dingo and she is the best pet I have every had.

Super smart and great with the kids.
She loves to play. Know about 50 words and commands.

Far as I know she was founded in the wild and was given to me as a pup ( about 3 mo old)
She even gets along with the cats in the house.

But I do let her hunt in the when we go for are walks.
She is caught a couple of dear's one a big buck.

She is quick too and don't take them for walks at night( can't see them lol good night cam-o)
She never wants to leave my side. She is 3 now and still thinks she is a pup.

You must keep their minds working so they don't get board or they will get into mischief.
I like to put treats all around the yard to work her noise and its fun for her.

If you are thinking of getting one they need a lot of attention and not to be left alone they are pack dogs. And will try to get every one in the same room. Definitely not a dog for a novice. easy to train with enough attention.
[notify]

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 5:37pm PST 
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Dingo/thread/759349
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '14 10:57pm PST 
I rescued and own a pit/dingo mix. Found him in the desert down in southern Arizona right along the side of the road as a 4 month old puppy along with his mom, who was a pit bull and still a puppy herself. Neither of them were doing so well physically. But I'v had him since then up till now (he's 10 months old), trained him myself and he is one of the smartest and most caring dogs I have ever come across. Has like everyone and every animal he has encountered. From play wrestling with my four year old nephew, to strangers, to big and small dogs, cats and even a rabbit and ferret. Dingoes might be illegal now but if you do some research they were shipped over to the south western states of the U.S. in the early 20th century to be domesticated and used as cattle dogs. Now there are packs or them roaming the desert down there. But like any dog, they make great pets as long as you treat, train and raise them properly. Although it probably helps that he's half pit haha.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2