GO!

Any Collie breeders here?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '08 12:16pm PST 
Just wondering. My mistress will be a breeder someday and needs to do a lot of studying.dog
[notify]
Boots

champion is more- than a title

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '08 9:46am PST 
I've been raising and showing collies for better than twenty five years. There are several questions which your mistress needs to ask herself before she breeds anything. Does she have a mentor who has been in the breed for more than a decade? Does this mentor have several champions that he/she has breed over this time period? If this mentor isn't breeding for the show ring, why is this person breeding? Does your mistress know about the genetic tests which must be done by an ethical breeder prior to using any collie in her breeding program? And, lastly, why is your mistress planning on breeding collies?

Lynda J. Cox/Collies of Wych
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:16am PST 
She has practically fallen in love with the breed since she was 11 and wants to help keep it healthy. There aren't many good breeders in our area, so we may not be able to find a good mentor for a loooong time.
My mistress is 14, so it will be a really long time before her dream comes true.
[notify]