GO!

Rough Collie Mix....

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lucy

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '08 7:34am PST 
Hi everyone! I just adopted my new puppy Lucy from the humane society. I know she is part rough collie but am not sure what else? I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas from her photos. Thanks!!!!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '08 11:05am PST 
Hmmm...thinking
She looks kinda "chocolate Labish". Remember the shelters can only guess and so you and and we. Actually, the people at the shelter only have a minimal knowledge of breeds. For example, if a black German Shepherd came in, they would call it a Lab/German Shepherd or Border Collie/German Shepherd because they don't know that black Shepherds are possible, when it was actually a purebred Shepherd. When I was in the shelter, at first they thought that I was a Spitz mix (cuz of my tail that curls over my back), then later they said Sheltie mix. Not all shelter workers are like that of course.
Well, congratulations on your shelter adoption and I'm sure you can make your new dog feel welcome!way to go
[notify]
Woodie [RB]

Golden Oldies

Barked: Fri May 16, '08 3:11pm PST 
She actually looks like a chocolate Flat-Coated Retrievre; I can't see any collie in her at all. (At least not Rough Collie; Border Collie, maybe?) Good luck with her, though, and good for you adoting a puppy. :]
way to go
[notify]

Feni

Tell me I'm- pretty again!

Barked: Sun Jul 20, '08 6:51pm PST 
Hey I think your dog could have rough collie in it's mix. Mine looked like a chow mixed with retriever but I had a genetic test done and she is a Collie Lab mix! Her snout looks less Collie than your dog's does. My dog also has Shelty and Standard Poodle in her! No chow!!!!!!! so you never know.....
[notify]
Cody

Loverboy,- Waggy-Tailed Dog

Barked: Fri Sep 5, '08 4:43pm PST 
Rough collie... probably not, though Border Collie is a possibility. One tell-"tail" sign with Rough/Smooth Collies is the white-tip on the tail. My dog Zeus is an "old fashioned" Rough Collie and Cody is a collie-mix (for sure... note his snout & tail. His ears are positioned where a Collies would be --- higher on his head --- but he's got retriever ears.)

What ever your pooch is really doesn't matter. Just love'm and let'm love ya back.
[notify]
Kaylee

Wag more, bark- less!

Barked: Tue Sep 9, '08 12:53pm PST 
Actually, I bet when she grows up she'll look more BCish. That head is a give-away, and her ears are goign to come up totally. It's also a LOT more common in BCs to see 'self' (no/minimal white) dogs and livers.
[notify]