GO!

Does Anyone compete in Obedience with their Collies?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Angus

Guardian of the- Glenn!

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '07 5:29pm PST 
Collies are so fantastic and smart - and we love to learn new things! We know all the "standard" stuff and even bring special toys when asked. Now we think we might like to try competing - anyone else do that? We think it would be fun!
[notify]
Gray Dawn- Treader

Don\\\'t Tread- on me

Barked: Mon Oct 22, '07 4:48pm PST 
If mistress had a Collie, she would do either, Obedience, Agility, Fly Ball, or Rally.
[notify]
Jonah

Barked: Mon Nov 5, '07 10:25am PST 
Jonah is my first collie and dog, but I think it would be great to compete in obedience. I'm hoping to join up with a local club here in the new year. In the meantime, Jonah and I are getting the basics down at Pet Smart. Any tips you have would be appreciated. We definately want to get CGC certified and companion dog certification would be wonderful.
[notify]

♥Sable Penguin

Lucky<3-

Barked: Fri Jan 18, '08 3:09pm PST 
My typist wants to put me in Agility!
dancing
I think I would be fun going into compititon with other dogs!
I'm really smart. I know the basic comands! big grin
[notify]
Bella

Quite Nice

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '08 3:10am PST 
Collies are super competitors if you take the time to teach them with positive methods. No harshness or punishment at all, ever, as that makes them start to dislike the whole idea. Clicker training is the way I have been trained, it is easy and fun. At almost 13, I am retired, I just don't think it is so much fun anymore. All the stress is just too much, but I love to hang out with and watch the others who are doing the work. I get my treats anyway just for being me.wink
[notify]
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Tue May 1, '12 3:33pm PST 
An old thread...

Well, it seems we have to do obedience. I wasn't originally interested in it but Alva has HD so agility and S&R are out of our schedules. I just want still to train my dog. There are a couple of moves Alva can't yet and then I have to get her motivated so we can try trials if she is still healthy enough to go for it.
[notify]