GO!

what breed does he look like?

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

Lancer

Lickin your feet- all the time

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 6:19am PST 
Here's this pup at a german shepherd rescue in my area!

http://www.sheprescue.org/Gizmo von Goslar.html

He has such an interesting coat color! His face says not German Shepherd. But I could be wrong! The first thing I thought was canaan dog. What breed does he look most like/what breeds mixed? I'm extremely curious...

Edited by author Tue Mar 25, '14 6:21am PST

[notify]
She~She - RIP sweet- girl

Yes I am a Chow - No I will not- bite you

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 9:48am PST 
His legs ears eyes and tail put me in mind of a chow. I had a shepherd/chow mix growing up and he looks alot like her (she had some black markings though)..
He is super cutecloud 9
[notify]
Scruffy- (RIP)

In Loving Memory

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 10:52am PST 
I agree, GSD/Chow mix. Very cute pup! smile
[notify]

Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 1:42pm PST 
Looks like a Australian cattle dog mix to me. smile
[notify]
Sachi- (1997-2012)

Dirt is a girls- best friend!

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '14 12:45pm PST 
I agree, there is def. a lot of Chow going on. It is funny to see such a Chow looking face on such a long and lanky dog. lol I wasn't expecting that when I started looking at the pictures. The color is also very Chow and of course you have the tongue spots agreeing with the Chow conclusion. He has a very sweet expression. smile I love my mom's dog that is also a GSD/Chow mix of some combination. She has a sweet face too but takes after a GSD more than this fella.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Apr 3, '14 9:36pm PST 
Thanks for giving the knowledge regarding breed which is most suitable for dogs health.
[notify]