GO!

Help I fell in love with a dog!

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 4:29pm PST 
Ok someone talk some sense into me? I've been planning to wait and get a puppy from a breeder, but I went to a pet show over the weekend and fell in love with a dog. I really want to adopt him but if I did, I may not be able to get a puppy for a lot longer. Also I'm not sure if he's really a good match or I'm just having a "crush" on him so to speak.
Help??

This is the dog: https://www.facebook.com/MagnificentMutts/photos/a.666471090042203.1 073741839.120673707955280/694151530607492/?type=1&theater

He was really sweet and friendly, he wasn't bothered by the crowds/noise at the show and is good with other dogs and cats.

Edited by author Tue Mar 18, '14 4:31pm PST

[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 4:33pm PST 
I'm not one to sway you but...sometimes the heart knows what it wantslittle angel
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 5:22pm PST 
He's so handsome! I would have a hard time saying no to that face, too!!
94lbs?! Is he really that big!?
[notify]

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 5:42pm PST 
Yeah they said he's about 90 pounds, but he is definitely overweight. With all that fur it's hard to say how much. He's about the height of a Golden, I'd guess around 23 or 24" tall or so but a heavy build so I'm not sure what his ideal weight would be.
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 7:10pm PST 
Well, I am the last person to talk someone out of rescue! smile

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
[notify]
Stella- "Blue"

Puttin' my freak- on!

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 7:13pm PST 
I can't seem to follow the link
[notify]

Barked: Tue Mar 18, '14 7:16pm PST 
If the link doesn't work, look if there are any blank spaces between any of the numbers/letters in the url and remove those.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 4:03am PST 
I would love to get a puppy from a good breeder, it will never happen. I can't pass by the needy lost souls who find their way into my path.

In your place, I would get the dog. He will be forever grateful, he will be your best friend. Put the puppy into the dream/someday section in your life and let your love go where is will.

You will probably always regret not getting this guy if you pass him up.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 9:26am PST 
Bianca, I dream of a breeder pup to, but it would seem that I am not destined to have one. I believe Sabi has different plans for me.

As I say often, take a leap of faith. You might just like where you land.

Popular dog wisdom says we don't often get the dogs we want, we get the ones we need. If you really feel a connection with this dog, go for it.hug
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Wed Mar 19, '14 9:35am PST 
You won't every get me talking you out of rescuing. Both my guys were rescues and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3